• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brain Strains are still going! These came from Cappy

It has been a while since I have posted outside the PNW Chilihead Camp out thread. I still have the 7 Pod Brain Strain plants that I started July 2010. These came from seeds that I purchased from Cappy, harvested from the Mother Plant that did not make it though the third winter. Last fall I cut them back hard, but left lots of nodes for them to grow from. They were taken from the 7 gallon pots, had the root balls cut back, and planted in a pair of 5 gallon pots. They have spent the winter in the house, in their very own bay window. As you can see, they are still growing, and putting out flowers like mad. Not setting any pods, too cold, and not enough light. Will move them out to the greenhouse in a few weeks, probably middle of April. with the way they are flowering now, I am hoping they will produce gobs later this year.

000_0247.jpg

000_0246.jpg

Nice plant looks amazing tup top shape, keep it at its best, a friend of mine keped her pepper plant alive for 10 years not sure what type but some good care and can last you a long time

Nice! brainstrain is definatley a favorite of mine. great 7pod flavour , killing heat! that thing will last a long time as long as you take care of it. Very impressive!

So... having never grown either moruga or brain strain, I can't say as I know the difference... I know they've been selected for different things by different people down the line... However, how similar are they?

Back