• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Branj's first Glog! - and grow season :)

My first time growing peppers was last spring. I bought two young plants that were labeled 'Trinidad Scorpion' from a local reputable nursery. It turned out that they were actually Caribean Reds. Still hot as shit, but not what I expected. So this year I wanted to do it right and start from scratch.

This time, I got (from left to right)
  • Yellow Bhuts
  • Caloros
  • Anaheims
  • Cowhorns
  • some random Indian Chili variety
all from PepperJoe. So far in 2 weeks, they have all sprouted except for the Bhuts which have no activity (I'm heard they take a long time?). Excuse the blurry pics, my camera is messed up.

sprouts.jpg

peppersprouts.jpg

dagoose.jpg

So thats where the magic will happen. I'm planning on only having about 5 of each, and possibly just keeping the Bhuts indoors or in pots due to the lack of room. Also pardon the big bird, he'll have a new home soon. xD

I've never done this before so it should be interesting!

hell ya good luck with the first grow. if you need help ask,because these dudes are crazy with the help!

Awesome thanks! I put a tiny pinch of Epsome salt in a big water bottle and I lightly sprayed them

So far, is there anything I've done wrong or should have done in a different way?

Yep i see the Bhut`s not sprouted yet, as always slow as hell.

Yep the duck needs to go, it will destroy your plants in one sitting, ive got 50 of them & given half the chance they would tear in to my plants in an instance & its not that they like eating them they just all like to sample the plants to see if there edible & then they just spit it out on the ground.

Duck a l'orange perhaps?

Mezo.

Bj.. this is my 1st year growing some from seeds.. i have learned a lot.. what i have learned is those jiffy pots will require you to keep an eye on your plants more frequent...in the future use small plastic solo cups... esp with it in the dome... with the moisture will eventually bring mold... again good luck with your grow....

4 out of 10 Bhuts have sprouted!!

90% of all of the plants so far are 2 1/2" - 3" tall. When should I transplant them?

Wish you good luck, hope you don't go in the trap of over watering like most people do(including me). People must have posted that a 100 times but I still managed to over water but lesson learned now hehe

Whats the total of plants you are aiming for this season? Maybe more of an experiment to see how many survive hehe :)

Lookin like a good start. I too was an overwaterer! What helps me is weight. If the tray is as light as it is when I planted (or close to that) I water. If not I wait. When in doubt, wait. They can come back from complete wilt with no problem!

Wish you good luck, hope you don't go in the trap of over watering like most people do(including me). People must have posted that a 100 times but I still managed to over water but lesson learned now hehe

Whats the total of plants you are aiming for this season? Maybe more of an experiment to see how many survive hehe :)
I'm shootin for 30-40 all together, and probably keeping the Bhuts separated and in pots or something so I can bring them in if we get an early fall

Had some bad luck with the yellow Bhuts. Only 4 out of the 10 seeds sprouted, 3 out of the 4 died shortly there after, and one is barely hangin on. No clue why none of them made it but Pepper Joe is sending me a replacement pack. The Caloro, Anaheim, and Cowhorn sprouts are doing well but still lacking their second set of leaves...?? They are almost 3.5" tall and look great, just missing the new leaves. Any ideas what could be wrong??

I purchased 12 live plants from CCN last week and they arrived today in great health! I got 2 each of Bhut Jolokias, Naga Morich, 7 Pot Douglahs, Trinidad Scorpions, Purple Jalapenos, & white Habaneros.
superhotsfromCCN.jpg

I have 4 rows set up, superhots on the left to hot on the right. The 4th row will be for the Anaheims and Caloros.

So I have these 12 live ones from CCN, 4 Caloros, 5 Anaheims, & 4 Cowhorns; That brings my plants list to 25 total. What doesn't fit in that last row will just go in buckets

Branj70,
Looking good so far bud.
Keep up the good job.
As you already know I'll stand behind my product 100%.
Fiery REgards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

603682_453285098049070_286899992_n.jpg

603745_453284321382481_1271473211_n.jpg

547908_453283724715874_2026017719_n.jpg

So far all the plants have been true to what they were supposed to have been. Cross Country Nurseries are definitely getting my order next year

Back