• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brazilian Starfish & Black Cobra growth rate ?

I started germinating some old seeds from 2014 back on 2-17 took them around 3 weeks to a month to sprout now my Black Cobras are around 6 inch's tall and Starfish are around 4 Inch's tall . How Fast do Starfish grow is this normal or am i just watering stunted plants ? If so how do I un-stunt them they look healthy otherwise . (I'm growing them outside they are hardened off already in around 6 hours of direct sun) Still in the plastic cups I wouldn't think they would be root bound this fast .

Thanks .Sorry for the pictures guess you got to hold the phone exactly right lol

Attachments

• 20190507_165620.jpg
    20190507_165620.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190507_165629.jpg
    20190507_165629.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20190507_171218.jpg
    20190507_171218.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20190507_171228.jpg
    20190507_171228.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 67
I wonder what their root development looks like, especially the BS.  The plants don't look too bad, especially the BC, but the leaves are definitely cupping. I'd be checking out the roots and considering things like whether the soil mix and watering are optimal.  Depending on how things looked I'd consider whether repotting or adjusting watering seemed advisable.  I've seen occasions where plants transplanted without being removed from the peat pellet netting had their root development constrained, at least for a time, but I don't know how common that is.  I always removed it myself when I've used peat pellets and usually remove as much of the peat itself that falls off easily.

CaneDog said:
I wonder what their root development looks like, especially the BS.  The plants don't look too bad, especially the BC, but the leaves are definitely cupping. I'd be checking out the roots and considering things like whether the soil mix and watering are optimal.  Depending on how things looked I'd consider whether repotting or adjusting watering seemed advisable.  I've seen occasions where plants transplanted without being removed from the peat pellet netting had their root development constrained, at least for a time, but I don't know how common that is.  I always removed it myself when I've used peat pellets and usually remove as much of the peat itself that falls off easily.

Thanks for the reply ! 

I wonder if the cupping was caused by me hitting them with a half dose of Miracle grow fertilizer ?

Back