• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brazillian starfish finally coming around.

Here's my brazillian starfish which was a slow starter but is finally coming around. These are pretty tough to grow.
010-4.jpg

Looking good chillilover. Not sure how tough they are to grow but you sure need a lot of patience. I'd given up on both of mine pretty much but sure enough they finally started to come around.

Yours is looking fine.

It's so funny :) I like baccatums of strange forms :) And not only baccatums but one of the strange annuums made me angry. It masked as a Jamaican Scotch bonnet but it's indeed Red Cap Mushroom :(

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice set of pods. I wonder how those taste? They surely look alien.

Well one that was almost full grown feel off when the plant tipped from a storm and it was full of seeds and very mild. I hope the get a lot hotter when red.

HA! Checked on my now shaded out plant today, and it's got exactly 3 pods on it. The plant I gave to my neighbor however is looking great, and is covered in pods. Still not as tall or productive as the other baccatums in my garden though. I'll have to grow a few of these next year if they're good tasting pods though, cause they're so cool looking!

My two are doing OK. One is/has produced about 40 pods and the other one half that. I haven't eaten one yet but a friend of my son said the red ones are pretty hot. I'll have to check for myself.

They remind me of the old chocolate stars my mom used to buy. Wish they tasted that way.

patrick said:
My two are doing OK. One is/has produced about 40 pods and the other one half that. I haven't eaten one yet but a friend of my son said the red ones are pretty hot. I'll have to check for myself.

They remind me of the old chocolate stars my mom used to buy. Wish they tasted that way.

Ya they are pretty hot..... maybe cayenneish. They have a distinct flavour too.

thanx for pics chililvr
what is the most difficult part of growing this variety?
i only have three seeds of this variety thanx to you my friend.
tonight i will be germinating a bunch of seeds this will be one of them.
thanx again.
(man that one pod looks just like a starfish):lol:
i see why they call them starfish.

Noshownate said:
thanx for pics chililvr
what is the most difficult part of growing this variety?
i only have three seeds of this variety thanx to you my friend.
tonight i will be germinating a bunch of seeds this will be one of them.
thanx again.
(man that one pod looks just like a starfish):lol:
i see why they call them starfish.

I don't know why they are hard to grow. The germinate pretty easy and grow really tall but they don't put out many pods for some reason. You might have better luck being down there with the heat and having a longer growing season. Good luck and keep me informed on how they do. :)

Back