• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brewing a AACT

Got my first compost tea started tonight. It's a mix of several different recipes combined. The recipe is as follows......

1 cup worm castings
1 cup bat guano
1 cup mushroom compost
1 oz. blackstrap molasses (2 tbls)
1 oz. Alaskan fish fet (2 tbls)
1 hand full grass clippings

Aerating in a 5 gallon bucket.

Does this sound like a good Tea recipe? An have read on some the guano can burn. Is that gonna be an issue? Figured my plants could use a good organic boost after their misfigured bleach bath. LOL

Alaskan fish has oils that will prevent a foam... not really a problem but it may make it harder to tell when it is ready. That is a fact that we have figured out here on THP! woot for the AACT guide!
Good job figuring that one out 3/5

Yea read that on the AACT beginners guide after I started it. But my ? is if Guru uses fish parts, doesn't his also have oils from the fish? An his still foamed. That's why I added fresh grass clippings like in his. To maybe combat that effect. Like I said it's a mix from here and there. Just what all sounded good to me.

An don't think kelp is an option unless I track down a hydroponic store. Unless I go to Savannah and harvest it myself. LOL

The amount of oil leeched from fresh fish guts and parts isn't near the amount found in emulsion...

your tea sounds good... :P

You can add fish and it won't be a problem - otherwise, like they said, hard to tell when the brew is done.

The amount of oil leeched from fresh fish guts and parts isn't near the amount found in emulsion...

your tea sounds good... :P

You can add fish and it won't be a problem - otherwise, like they said, hard to tell when the brew is done.

I actually use Alaska fish fert now and then. An now that I think about it... it must be the reason why sometimes I don't get froth. I don't know why it never donned on me before about the oil.

i use alaska fish and get froth, and i use 1 pound of fish and get froth still
but now i only use 1pound fish every time i make my tea

yeah, you really have to use a good bit of fish fert/emulsion to dwindle the head...I experimented with that and it is somewhere between 7 and 10 tablespoons per 5 gallons.

anybody else noticed this unique phenominon with fish emulsion - water or spray with it and within a few minutes yellow jackets, hornets, and wasps are covering your garden. I've done this several times now just to see if it happens over and over...and they don't disappoint. They will cover every inch of whatever you sprayed.

Well what would be a good time frame to use it. If it doesn't prodduce the froath? Don't wanna waste it if that becomes an issue.

An what the dilution ratio for foliar spraying? Sorry for all the questions. Should've read all the way threw the beginners guide. There's alot more in there since the last time I looked.

Well what would be a good time frame to use it. If it doesn't prodduce the froath? Don't wanna waste it if that becomes an issue.

An what the dilution ratio for foliar spraying? Sorry for all the questions. Should've read all the way threw the beginners guide. There's alot more in there since the last time I looked.
Froth only shows that microbes is multiplying,i put 2quarts of tea to my 1gallon for foliar spray

All three of the insects you mentioned eat aphids, so all the more reason to use fish fert

anybody else noticed this unique phenominon with fish emulsion - water or spray with it and within a few minutes yellow jackets, hornets, and wasps are covering your garden. I've done this several times now just to see if it happens over and over...and they don't disappoint. They will cover every inch of whatever you sprayed.

All three of the insects you mentioned eat aphids, so all the more reason to use fish fert
------> this is only when I use fish emulsion at full strength for feeding - havent seen the same process when dosing with it in a batch of tea

i dont know why you all call it tea.. man this stuff dont taste ANYTHING like tea to me.. YEEEAAAACH! i really wish i hadnt tasted it..

*insert scottish accent* - You've got to drink it laddy! You'll need your strength to slap the wolf on the ass during the harvest moon... ----> Hal Sparks

Back