• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brewing bunny poo tea

Anyone ever done it? I don't really grow organic, but i try to do things the right way when possible. i picked up a couple hundred pounds of rabbit manure for 6 bucks... I put some around a few select plants as a trial. So bored, I decided to whip up a batch. Put an ice-cream containers worth in a 5 gal. bucket and used my air pump from my cloner for a lil movement... I have a few datils lookin poor, but the one in a pot is kickin azz. I am hoping it will help with the leaf curl issues. I'm pretty sure it's not nute related, and i am hoping it will clear it up. Just wondering about some real world accounts and not just the utube hype... :beer:

A lady a few miles down the road was advertising on Cl... she fills the old 50 lb feed bags with the waste, and you just pick them up... 50 lbs a bag or so for a buck. I am also growing a few in straight composted horse manure from a buddie who has horses, those are doin killer. :onfire:

i use it all the time, i think i have a post on the formum with pics, you would have to do a forum search. i make my own from wild jackrabbit droppings.

Leaves are curling up. There huge, wider and longer than a budweiser in a can. From the same stock in a pot, doing great, and not the huge elongated leaves.

BC Thats dedication to harvest by hand... I'm too lazy.

I brew worm tea all the time, but there are several benefits to brewing worm tea.

Worm Tea will out-perform chemical fertilizer. Increasing both plant size and yield. This is due to interaction of Worm Tea microbes with the soil microbes and protozoa, soil particles and the roots of the plant itself.

• Worm Tea used as an inoculant for potting soil will suppress airborne pathogenic fungi that can readily infect sterile potting medium. The organisms in Worm Tea also produce hormones, vitamins, nutrients, enzymes, amino acids and minerals needed by seedling cuttings and young plants. Inoculation should be done two weeks prior to planting.

• Plants grown in soil treated with Worm Tea are healthier due to the symbiotic relationship between the plant and the microbes in the root zone. Plants feed the microbes and the microbes produce or make available all of the food and medicine the plant needs to thrive.

What benefits would you get from rabbit castings?

I would guess close to the same as from the worm... But I have so many worms in the garden, there's piles of casting everywhere... Who knows like I said I was bored... and wanted to see if it fixes a problem instead of throwing more chemicals on it.

BC Thats dedication to harvest by hand... I'm too lazy.

this is my first year using it and thought i would gather the castings that litter my front lawn. there is so much i just used a small shovel until i gathered about 2 cups of droppings, put it into a 5 gallon pail with water and let it sit for 4 days. i mashed the droppings in the water as they softened up, then when i apply i mix 1 cup of tea to 1 quart water. after about 2 weeks, it does take on a heavy odor and wifey makes me move the pail outside. it usually sits in my basement tub with an airstone.

i haven't noticed any "home run", super-sized growth from my pepper plants from using bunnypoo but it didn't hurt anything either.

you can get lady bugs or mantis from Urban Sunshine hydro stores in Orlando. I think they still have 3 locations.

I am down in Oviedo every few weeks. Which side of Orlando are you on?

I'm just across the lake from the Casselberry store. I went out to my milkweed, and plucked a few ladybug larve, and put on them, i also found some Harvester Caterpillars, and apparently there the only caterpillar that aren't vegetarian, they eat aphids. Kinda strange, never seen um before... There havin an aphid buffet right now.

I would guess close to the same as from the worm...

Worm tea is beneficial because the bacteria already present in the soil / castings that are then grown by brewing with air and molasses allowing them to multiple into millions of colonies that are then applied to the plant and soil.

I don't think there is much beneficial bacterial growing in poo so not sure if you understand the purposes of brewing worm tea or how it works.

Well considering its on the ground, then into bags and mostly composted, I imagine there is plenty of goot bacteria and stuff in there. I look at it as mainly a watering solution... since there are so many worms in my soil.

Lol! Love the topic! I have tame rabbits we breed for meat and last year moved 14 garden tractor carts of poop to the garden. The year before think it was 16 and our garden grows some massive plants. This its my first year for super hots and I'm gonna do a bunch in buckets. Think I'm gonna mix horse, rabbit, sand and dirt for them. I plan on 50 5 gallon buckets and the other 25 will go in the garden.

Back