food Brisket

Fairly Lean Brisket
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and ghost chili powder.
The Heat of the ghost chili powder really subsides while in the smoker, so there isn't a thing as too much :)

6 hours in the smoker at 225 -250, fat side up. charcoal and mesquite fire
take the brisket out and place it in a aluminum pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil (brisket gets all of the smoke flavor during those first hours, more will just dry it out)
place it in the oven at 225 for another 4-6 hours

Enjoy!

20130329_1552141.jpg

Until we see pics we will assume you burned it or dropped it in the dirt.

He read JayT's book Oven Ribs Exposed.

No way that went wrong if those directions were followed!
Purists and "experts" may disagree with covering and ovening...
But back yard beer drinkers can testify to its success!
I'm with the gang, AP, let's see some proof!

No way that went wrong if those directions were followed!
Purists and "experts" may disagree with covering and ovening...
But back yard beer drinkers can testify to its success!
I'm with the gang, AP, let's see some proof!

I've finished in the oven before. Works quite well.... I guess I fall under that "purist" category, though. And yep.... no pics, didn't happen.

ya just can't take pictures of everymeal..... there is just too much to do at times, especially if you have kids involved...... have i given you a way out yet austin?

I was searching through my picture archives...I thought I had a pic of an old brisket.

As far as this brisket...my wife had company over. So, I was preparing the meal while she enjoyed the time with her friends. I was too tired and they were pretty hungry so I forgot to take pics. Sorry all.

Oh phew. This post was going to be like a... sneeze that never got out. I would just feel way too unsettled with out seeing a cooked up brisky. Good lookin with that pic. Looks awesome.

I guess Im a purist - Done right brisket doesnt dry out unless left on too long or to high. How big was it ? 10-12 hrs is a long time for a 8lber

I guess it's time for you to buy another brisket and post the after pics here to save the thread. :P

Also don't forgot to separate the point and flat and do burnt ends :party:

Back