• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Broken leaf stems

Last night it was really windy. I did a crappy job of making this 6mil plastic cover to protect the raised bed from winds and rain. Well the plastic sheet got loose and turned into a whip that flew all over the place. It whipped some of my young 4-6 inch tall pepper plants and broke the leaf stems, The main stems are fine. Obviously i cut out the broken leaf stems off. Some to the point there are no leaves on the plant. Will these plants re-grow leaves again and produce pods or should i just throw those plants away?

thanks,

I'd leave them in there for a little while and see what happens. Chances are, they are probably going to poop out and die if there are no leaves this early in their development. Good luck!

As long as their are some decent leaves left, they should be fine. I have had leaves die off (over feeding right to the leaves) and I plucked em off and/or they fell off. Hell I have one plant the entire side is gone..and its growing just fine. I think you will be fine. :)

take 1 aspirin tablet and put it in a 1 quart pail and mix it around until disolved, leave it for 1 night, then give it to your plants in stress, this should help. wind stress is just as extreme as sun or drought.

Wow Pepper Jam, That sucks big time!!!!!!!:(

Hope is good, but most likely on the..... Tower's of Pisa ......... the root system unfortunately may not be established enough for new growth, but one never knows.

Give BC advice a go, will be interested in what transpires. sorry for your lose, Good luck! Spicy Chicken

Back