• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brooklyn Botanic Garden Chile Festival Review

I had a great time yesterday at the Brooklyn Botanic Chile Festival:

http://www.bbg.org/visit/event/chile_pepper_fiesta_2012

Unlike last year, it did not rain. The other improvement was the selection of fresh pods. I bought yellow scorps, Yellow Fatalli's and some round (piri piri I believe) bird peppers. The first order of business was to stop by Heartbreaking Dawn's booth. I said hi to Nicole and got to meet Jonny. I bought a number of bottles of Mauvais Sang and some chocolate. As I left to check out the other vendors, Jonny sent me over to High River Sauces. After sampling, I bought a bottle of delicious TEARS of THE SUN. Natural Chocolate (both spiced and un-spiced) shared the theme with the Chiles. I bought a nice selection. I don't remember the vendor, but one booth was selling cups of liquid chocolate for only $1.00. I had a few cups.

I'll let somebody else review the food court and the bands. I didn't pay much attention to the music and didn't visit the food stands.

The important thing about the festival was that all of the people there really loved what they were doing. They weren't just there for the money.

I hope the Garden keeps hosting the annual festival so I can keep going!

Back