Brought plants inside, all was going well, and then... not so much?

They've been inside for two months or so, were growing like crazy, and then last week I found a few colonies of aphids starting.  No idea how they got in after that long inside, but there they were.

Pruned down my chocolate hab to a stick since it had it the worst, then did some light pruning on my two trinidad scorpions.  Mostly aimed at the horizontal growth, to make it harder to jump from plant to plant.  I've also been picking off any leaves with signs of aphids and spraying the plants down daily with a water/dish soap mix.  I've got three tomato plants with them that show no signs of aphids or pests, but have some leaf damage that I've attributed to tomatos not liking the light as much as the peppers.  The top leaves have it rough but the bottom leaves seem fine, though sunburned.  Don't care about them as much but can't rule them out as pest carriers.

Since I discovered the aphids, leaves have started turning yellow and falling off the plants.  My previously vibrant plants with tons of flowers starting to bud are now half bald and don't show signs of picking back up yet.  Bastard aphids got into my seedlings and cutting.  The cutting is probably toast, but the seedlings 'should' recover with a little bit of leaf warping.

I've had some aphid trouble before, much worse in other years, but I don't remember the leaves turning yellow.

Do I have more than aphids going on here?

Aphids will make leaves turn yellow. Aphids can kill plants. Remove all dead leaves and if I were you id give it a once over with some organic pesticide to kill what you csnt see. My dads pepper plant was struck with aphids. It shed alot of leaves. The leaves slowly turn yellow while others go spotty.

The aphids here cause yellowing and shedding of the leaves also. I have never had a plant die from aphid attack alone but I don't doubt at all that a bad infestion could kill a plant.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll also boost the fert schedule a bit just in case, I've been conservative to prevent burn.

Be very careful when increasing your nutes. Aphids are attracted to high levels of nitrogen and you risk encouraging the little bastages.

Back