• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor Brown 7-pot vs 7-pot douglah taste test and comparison

Today was a HOT day  :fireball:

In these 2 videos I try and compare a 7-pot brown from Brian at ghostpepperstore.com and 7-pot douglah from Romy 6. Thanks to both of you, without you I would be so much more sane........ :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkvy52q9K4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3lDQobQHk

Great review as per usual.  Would the bitterness of the douglah disappear in cooking do you imagine? The tropical after taste of the 7 brown is fascinating, I would love to know if others have experienced that in sauces or cooking.

One of the first lots of seeds I ever purchased was the Douglah and I have 4 ready to plant outside in a month.  I guess when I bought them I knew little about peppers as they came under the description Trinidad Douglah (Brown 7 Pod / 7pot). Has anyone else grown Fatalii seeds Douglah?  Is it a true douglah or a brown 7?

Robisburning said:
Great review as per usual.  Would the bitterness of the douglah disappear in cooking do you imagine? The tropical after taste of the 7 brown is fascinating, I would love to know if others have experienced that in sauces or cooking.

One of the first lots of seeds I ever purchased was the Douglah and I have 4 ready to plant outside in a month.  I guess when I bought them I knew little about peppers as they came under the description Trinidad Douglah (Brown 7 Pod / 7pot). Has anyone else grown Fatalii seeds Douglah?  Is it a true douglah or a brown 7?
It`s a good question and I don`t know the answer. These things are so incredibly hot that using 1/5th a pepper in a single dish would still give something insanely hot. It would certainly dilute the bitterness, if cooking didn`t modify it. I tell you what, I`ll cook with some douglahs and let you know. I`m not growing brown 7-pots this year, although I did buy seeds. I decided to just go with douglahs, as I wasn't sure if they were different varieties or not in february. I will definitely grow them next year. 

I have not grown the ones from Fatalli.net, but I`d say from his photos they look like douglahs. 
GnomeGrown said:
Nice review and patio garden, Nigel.

Your birds were squawking up a storm!
Thanks. It gets like that every day at around 6-7pm or about an hour before sunset, depending on the time of year. It`s something they do in the wild. Pretty much a call to all the local Amazons to hear where they are, congregate and go find somewhere to roost for the night. Most parrots seem to do a similar thing. 

Back