• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brown/Chocolate reccomendations?

Looking for something to add to my grow this year that's gonna give me the best shot at some brown gnarly pods. Prefer hot-super hot varieties. Open to recommendations from any seed vendors you're comfortable with!!

The Chocolate Reaper is great, I grow them every year. I'm also trying some new chocolates this year. I'm trying Chocolate Bonnets, BBM and Leviathan gnarly scorpion. All of which are new to me.

Last year, i grew a single Chocolate 7Pot Brainstrain. It was rad bc it grew huge and produced a buttload of beautifully gnarly, crazy hot pods. I'm not that into brown superhots; they taste kinda chemical-ish to me, and I find them way hotter than they really are, but they're so good once they are dried or smoked and powdered...

This year, I'm trying to grow Choco Brainstrains again, plus chocolate Primos, 7Pot Douglahs, Brown Naglahs, Big Black Mamas, plus at least two caramel-colored varieties. Are which ones I like the most, and then just focus on growing favorites next year.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, ask me again next year, LOL. Seriously, though the Choco Brainstrain was awesome, enough to inspire me to try others, but this year i'. mostly stoked to grow the Douglahs and the BBMs... But I won't know till I try them, right?

All sound like great reccomendations. I think I might order some of the chocolate bhut from whitehot after my current order ships. Feel free to keep the ideas commin!

If you are looking for something that's on the extreme hot side of things, you can try the brown moruga. I forgot to mention that I'm growing that on this year as well.

Kennylay said:
All sound like great reccomendations. I think I might order some of the chocolate bhut from whitehot after my current order ships. Feel free to keep the ideas commin!
If you got an order from WHP on the way, wait to it arrives. There a good chance that Justin alreadt tossed some chocolate Superhot seeds in your order as freebies.

Bicycle808 said:
If you got an order from WHP on the way, wait to it arrives. There a good chance that Justin alreadt tossed some chocolate Superhot seeds in your order as freebies.
I ordered a nice little selection, didn't know freebies were included usually. I have some douglah on the way, but really wanted to seal my chances of a few dark brown pods. Thanks for the awesome info!!

THSC Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion is claimed to be extremely hot, but don't take my word for it, I have zero experience with that kind of peppers...

https://thehippyseedcompany.com/product/thsc-chocolate-trinidad-scorpion/

THSC-Chocolate-Scorpion.jpg

I've grown, or tried just about all the chocolate supers around. Some are hotter than others. Some taste pretty good, but more taste sort of crappy, or plain tasting. The hottest that is best tasting to me is the chocolate Primo. I wasn't impressed with the chocolate reapers or CPRs. Next for hottest, best tasting was chocolate Brain Strains. Even though not as hot, but still pretty hot, there is still nothing like the complex taste of the good old Douglah

Back