• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health brown leaf spots on aji

hey guys, just noticed these spots, first on one aji yesterday and now on another this am. all other peppers look fine but am concerned that this may need to be addressed before it has a chance chance to spread.

- water only when they start to droop, never in direct sunlight.
- I mist the plants in the am and pm with water.
- plants only get 6-8 hours of direct sunlight a day.

any thing else you need to know, please ask.

tmp_27932-IMG_20160727_070508751475898.jpg

twilliams386 said:
My first thought would be to stop misting, at least every morning. Pics would be helpful though
yeah, sorry photobucket was having a fight with my phones cut and paste.

That almost looks like sun burn honestly. I could be wrong though as I only see two that look this way like it pooled inside the leaf.

thanks for the responses,

i initially thought sun too but had kind of ruled it out because the plants have been in their current home for over a month and i had been misting the entire time.  i mist at 6am and due to the orientation of the condo they didn't get full sun until 10am.  since the morning i posted, i had been skipping the aji's and it still appeared on another one, so i decided to ask the pros.  i grow in pots so i was i the process of moving the aji's to a spot where they would get less direct light and be left out of the misting process when a neighbor leaned over the fence and we got talking. i was out of town for work on monday and apparently missed the torrential thunderstorms that rolled through in the morning with breaks of blistering sun in between.....

thanks again guys, i love this site

Back