• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brown moruga fell over after replant. And some leaf spot treatment questions.

I just replanted a seedling brown moruga, and he fell over. I think it got damaged a little bit, and need to know if I should order some more seeds or something. I know it got has some minor sunburn on the seed leaves, due to the snow blocking out the windows for a few days but it looks like it's growing the second set. Also, would bonide fruit and nut spray be a substitute for mancozeb to use alongside copper in treating leafspot?

it' be a while.
I did tie it to a toothpick with a pipecleaner in an attempt to even out the bend enough for water to reach the top, because the plant went limp. I'll have to see how it goes.

One of two things happened: either a) you did not compact the soil well enough around the stem, or b) the plant got the damping off fungus. If a), just repot it all over and things will be fine. But if b), you're better off at this point to start over.

Do a search to get more info on damping off. Basically, it's a soil-borne fungus that mostly young plants are likely to get. If the plant looks weak or watery at the soil line, it's damping off. Your plant is still too young to recover from it, which is why I suggest starting over. That said, the key thing is to keep the surface of the soil dry. This can be accomplished by a) bottom-watering, ensuring the water is not allowed to reach the soil surface, and b) keeping a fan blowing in the room with the plants. The fan will also help strengthen the stems, which will help reduce the time it takes to harden off the plants when you're ready to start bringing them outside. 

Better off starting over. It's neither of those as much as that the plant itself must have been damaged during transplant. It's been 24 hours since and hasn't shown any signs of straightening back out. Soil was allowed to dry between watering. At least the plant wasn't more than a month or so old, so a replacement shouldn't take too long to get up to speed. Now if only I could find seeds for them, that would be emailing Judy about buying them?

Back