• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Brown Poblano from Ferry Morse

I was quoting the packet but you left off the word reddish.

1672195321687.png

I know you were quoting the packet, I left off the word reddish because I thought that was an advertising gimmick. Chocolate is chocolate and I'll bet that I'm right on that, but time will tell. I've grown a few different chocolate poblano and I would love to see a different shade even of chocolate poblano.

1672195321687.png
You know I have to ask...

Do you really think that reddish brown is going to be different from any other chocolate Poblano color wise? I get what you are trying to say 100% and not having grown it yet, I can not with certainty claim it may not be slightly different in color. But if I had to say something was different between this one and say Hidalgo which is supposed to be a dark chocolate. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is no real color standard that I am aware of and thus I think some seed companies take a little leeway when it comes to describing the beauty of their peppers.
Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 7.19.07 AM.png

Most Poblano peppers tend to be on the darker side. This could be your standard dark brick red poblano, if not it could be Poblano Mulato Isleno
1672803905225.png

A little more uncommon, and much sweeter when ripe. Either way it's gonna take a lot of patience to wait for ripe poblanos. When they do ripen, let us know what they look like! Also I tend to reserve the term chocolate for brown peppers with no red at all.

Back