health Brown spots on leaves overnight

Hi everybody
I am growing a bishops crown indoors next to a window and I have a problem with older leaves.
About 6 leaves on the bottom got small brown spots along the main vase. This happened overnight and I just looked with a loupe on the underside of the leaves and there are little black dots on the spots. I don't think this is normal leaf death since it happened to a few leaves at the same time and I didn't change anything.
Is this some sort of pest of bacteria?
F77ECA3C-5C37-4142-B2E1-532BE26A6769_zpsosddgav4.jpg
CD985BC6-E1A7-4670-AC77-570C673AF273_zpsjxeitwl6.jpg
93EDEBDB-A11E-4404-B888-237002C71E46_zpszpfgd3m0.jpg
CB0C3F5E-8B31-44FE-B71E-A2058A8FA684_zpszsitpeza.jpg

I'm inclined to think BLS. Wear disposable gloves and remove the impacted leaves. Bag them in a ziploc along with the gloves and trash. Treat the plant(s) with a copper fungicide to help prevent further spread and try to keep the leaves dry when watering.

Yup looks like mine. Photos 3 and 4 especially look like bacterial leaf spot. My 2 jalapeños have it a little worse than you. Im going to do exactly as gemmee suggests tomorrow.

Good luck

You can always try dab of H2o2 with equal part water..works like a charm for me with my 'maters as long as you stay on top of it....fingers crossed haven't had to deal with BLS on peppers plants ,"yet"...

Hi guys

I am somewhat upset about getting BLS. I used brand new soil, cleaned pots thoroughly and didn't use any of my year's plants to prevent the spread of any kind of disease. I didn't even let any leafs touch the soil and didn't let the leaves get wet.
geeme said:
I'm inclined to think BLS. Wear disposable gloves and remove the impacted leaves. Bag them in a ziploc along with the gloves and trash. Treat the plant(s) with a copper fungicide to help prevent further spread and try to keep the leaves dry when watering.
About a week ago the flowers got yellow and started dropping. I had assumed this was because the plant already had 20+ pods and in a quite small pot reached its full capacity. Is this a symptom of BLS?

sp33d said:
You can always try dab of H2o2 with equal part water..works like a charm for me with my 'maters as long as you stay on top of it....fingers crossed haven't had to deal with BLS on peppers plants ,"yet"...
Thanksfor the tip! Already did it while I try to get some fungicide.

Back