• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Brugmansia - Round 2

My first attempt to germinating this seeds was a dismal failure - only nine of 42 came up. Little did I know how difficult these things are. I wrote to Randel at rareseeds.com to let him know that he may wish to consider a different supplier. He not only sent my another packet of seeds, but also some Red Angel Trumpet and Datura seeds. Plus, gave me some tips on getting these things to sprout - including being patient. They have been noted to take up to nine months!

Between the seeds that did not sprout that I recovered and the ones he sent, I sowed another 36 seeds(after letting them soak in water for two days and placing them in moist paper towels for four days) on the 17th. Two sprouted today. Still waiting on the Red Trumpets and Daturas but it has been only 14 days for them (sowed on the 15th) and I am expecting at least 15 days.

Mike

Well, another Pink one sprouted today - I'm up to three. I'll probably be posting in September about another one just sprouting. Still waiting on the Red Trumpets and Daturas - it's been 16 days.

Mike

An update. It has been 21 days since I sowed the Datura and Red Angels - a Datura came up yesterday and a Red Trumpet today. I also have five Pink Angels up now.

I have another 10 or so Pink seeds I may try peeling to see if it helps.

Mike

Back