• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

BT "First Pod"

After many months I saw my first buds someone here told me snip em and wait a little longer, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I did get 1 pretty pod so far
SauceNpeppers163.jpg

Nice pod........I see you in Florida also.....I am in South Florida but the soil here stinks so I have to grow all in pots......soil is very sandy......dry.....
I will be trying some super hots for the first time.......do you think I can start seeds anytime of the year down in this zone?

Nice pod action! Glad you didn't pinch the flowers :dance:

And Trini you can grow all year around where you are. I am several hours North of you and I grow all year. :woohoo: They will not grow as fast during the winter months but should produce nicely come late spring :)

IMG_1113.jpg
Nice pod........I see you in Florida also.....I am in South Florida but the soil here stinks so I have to grow all in pots......soil is very sandy......dry.....
I will be trying some super hots for the first time.......do you think I can start seeds anytime of the year down in this zone?
Yes you can plant all year and I composted soil outside for 6 months then transplanted 5 TS plants I fertilize every 2-3 months with worm poo liquids and fresh compost on top every now and then. The plants are over 2 years old in the ground almost 1.5 years. bugs are my biggest problem stem boring beetles are the worst

I'll swap you sand for my clay any day. At least sand would be workable, I swear my property is made out of pure modeling clay.

Is that the only pod on the plant? Snipping the buds earlier would have caused the plant to produce more buds which in turn would have turned into many peppers instead of just the one. There is a reason for doing most things. The next round should bring more pods.

Back