• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

bubbly leaves

Some of my plants have small bubbels on their leaves.
What can it be?
sam2603p.jpg

I did use a BIO Insecticid a couple days ago.

Either a deficiency or a reaction to the insecticide. Prob a def. Is it on all the leaves and did you notice it right after the insecticide?

Yes, I noticed the first signs 1 or 2 days after using the insecticid.
It's on several plants.
On my bigger plants, it is on all the small light-green leaves and on some of the bigger darkgreen leaves.

The insecticid I used is called: Bio-Pyretrex.

Yes, I noticed the first signs one or 2 days after using the insecticid.
On my bigger plants, it is on all the small light-green leaves and on some of the bigger darkgreen leaves.

I wouldnt worry about it to much. If the plants leaves dont flatten out later or it gets worse, you can just remove the bad leaves. Pepper plants respond well to being trimmed back anyhow. If you havent given your plant/s some bone meal, Id try that first, as well as giving the leaves a nice spray of water

Fert burn usually STARTS with bubbly leaves. If you stop over-ferting at that point, the leaves will not brown.

Yeah, my first year was full of learning "interesting" things. Learned this one quite well.... sigh! And both fortunately and unfortunately, I keep finding there's no end to new and "interesting" things to learn....

I also learned I used to be quite spoiled. Growing up and living in Houston, pretty much all you had to do was turn the soil once things warmed up a bit, stick some seeds in the ground, water, fert from time to time, and God just made the rest happen. (I can't really take any credit for it!) Now my conditions are such that I have to start indoors, etc., etc., and there's a whole new world of stuff that comes along with all of that.

Yeah, my first year was full of learning "interesting" things. Learned this one quite well.... sigh! And both fortunately and unfortunately, I keep finding there's no end to new and "interesting" things to learn....

I also learned I used to be quite spoiled. Growing up and living in Houston, pretty much all you had to do was turn the soil once things warmed up a bit, stick some seeds in the ground, water, fert from time to time, and God just made the rest happen. (I can't really take any credit for it!) Now my conditions are such that I have to start indoors, etc., etc., and there's a whole new world of stuff that comes along with all of that.

Oh how times have changed. My mind has been absorbing pepper growing like a sponge. The funny thing is that I only retain what I read if it interests me, for the most part.

Always wondered about that. Seems like my Chinense always have those bumps no matter what I do. At least it's not fatal, in my case at least.
Thanks for the info.

Back