• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Buddha's Salsa

I was lucky enough to get a jar of this homemade goodness back at the end of February, during the Fiery Foods Show.

I don't know what's in it, pepper wise, but the flavors are really good and right up front. Onions...must be three different kinds in there. Tomatoes..... same thing. Both really fresh tasting, almost like he picked the veggies and put them right to use in the salsa. I had a hint of cilantro and could've done with a touch more, but it was satisfying as it is. Oh yeah... let's not forget the nuggets of corn scattered throughout.

Now the wondrous thing about this salsa. I just finished it off. It's almost 4 months to the day when the Buddha Man handed me the Ball Jar. But, just to be fair... I kept it in my beer 'fridge where the temp is about 34F. I know this guy doesn't use preservatives.

Good salsa Buddha!!!!

:hell:

DevilDuck said:
I was lucky enough to get a jar of this homemade goodness back at the end of February, during the Fiery Foods Show.

I don't know what's in it, pepper wise, but the flavors are really good and right up front. Onions...must be three different kinds in there. Tomatoes..... same thing. Both really fresh tasting, almost like he picked the veggies and put them right to use in the salsa. I had a hint of cilantro and could've done with a touch more, but it was satisfying as it is. Oh yeah... let's not forget the nuggets of corn scattered throughout.

Now the wondrous thing about this salsa. I just finished it off. It's almost 4 months to the day when the Buddha Man handed me the Ball Jar. But, just to be fair... I kept it in my beer 'fridge where the temp is about 34F. I know this guy doesn't use preservatives.

Good salsa Buddha!!!!

:hell:

Hey man thanks. No corn though. Tomatoes are from a can I buy from Whole Foods and was listed as the best canned tomatoes a few years back in the Washington Post. San Marzano.

They mainly use those tomatoes for marinara recipes, but I thought I would try them with salsa. I also use a hot sauce I get from Tijuana Flats Restaurant called "Smack My Ass & Call Me Sally Jalapeno Hot Sauce".
2605876295_50e702cd0a.jpg

The same hot sauce I use in my Buddahmole recipe. I guarantee it is the bestest guac u will ever try and give you a nice burn at the same time.
2605876519_044ee308ba.jpg

So whilst it might be my own original formula, don't expect me to be selling it at a store because of the hot sauce I use in it.

There are 3 kinds of onions, nice guess- green, red and white. Also has a lot, and I mean a lot of cilantro, but once you cook it to jar it, the cilantro is not as fresh tasting. When its made fresh without cooking, the cilantro comes through more. Plus there is garlic, organic lime juice, and habs. Last year I made some with trinidad scorpions and it was nice and hot. I wish I had more of those, so I could make another batch.

Thanks again DD for the praise!

I wonder what he ate that he thought was corn?!

Hope it wasn't how long it sat in the fridge?:shocked::sick::lol: Honestly, sounds like a good Salsa, but I think the mystery corn has now become the subject:lol:

I swear I saw corn in it this evening....

Hmmmm..... I know, I'm not having any beer this evening. I can't see right.

DevilDuck said:

LMAO....I've been there before! At least you were seeing corn and not what you thought were beautiful women!:shocked::lol:

DevilDuck said:

Let me know when you start seeing the chunks of beef. :lol:

Buddah said:
I also use a hot sauce I get from Tijuana Flats Restaurant called "Smack My Ass & Call Me Sally Jalapeno Hot Sauce".
2605876295_50e702cd0a.jpg

Bar none, this is my wife's favourite hot sauce...but in our house it's called ' Smack My Ass and Call Me Annie '...;):cool:

Hot Canuck said:
Bar none, this is my wife's favourite hot sauce...but in our house it's called ' Smack My Ass and Call Me Annie '...;):cool:

I am going to post my kick ass Buddahmole recipe soon on TTF, if you use this hot sauce, you are going to want to try it, it makes the best tasting guacamole around.

Back