• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Buddy's 2011 Planned Grow List

Nice Buddy....they look good and healthy. Good Job! Wished my first set didn't break out with mold...mine look horrible compared to yours.

Nice Buddy....they look good and healthy. Good Job! Wished my first set didn't break out with mold...mine look horrible compared to yours.

you must be right around the corner from me. i think that i'm going to have more plants than i can handle. i'm more than willing to give you some of my seedlings. just let me know. take care

Here's some updated pictures of my plants. I have to hold out until mid-May until they can go outside. I'm running out of space and have already given a dozen or so away. Anyway -

Group 1:
Bombay Morich, Dorset Naga, Dorset Naga, 7 Pot Yellow Trinidad Large, 7 Pot Yellow Trinidad Large, Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T
Bih Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Trinidad Douglah, Trinidad Douglah, 7 Pot Barrackpore, 7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Brainstrain, 7 Pot Brainstrain, Bhut Jolokia Chocolate, Bhut Jolokia Chocolate, Trinidad Scorpion Yellow, Trinidad Scorpion Yellow

P1020616.jpg

Group 2:
Jalastar, Habanero White Bullet, Cayenne Super, Trinidad Douglah, Open, Carolina Cayenne
Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T, Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Bhut Jolokia Red, Peruvian Orange, Portugal Cayenne
Bih Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Bombay Morich, Bhut Jolokia Yellow, Brazilian Starfish, Jalastar

P1020624.jpg

Group 3:
Amish Bush, Habalokia, Habalokia, Trinidad Scorpion Original, Trinidad Scorpion Original, Datil
Trinidad Scorpion Original, Maule's Red Cayenne, Black Naga, Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Rocoto Red, Rocoto Red
Maule's Red Cayenne

P1020626.jpg

CGN22869 and Limon that I had to put in larger pots. Also have 2 Giant Jalapenos that are in same size pots:

P1020627.jpg

Still have germinating/hooks:
Czech Black x 1
Charleston Hot x 2
Super Chile x 2
Apache x 2
Giant Jalapeno x 2
Thai Super Hot x 2
Fish Pepper x 2
Biker Billy x 4
Fresno x 4

Wow, Beautiful plants! They are so green and getting huge. Just take over the whole laundry room and use the dry cleaners for a few weeks. LOL I had to cut way back on the light I'm giving mine. I hope there are no ill effects ... my first 6 are in their pots but have not been outside yet due to high winds. I'm going to be planting out 10 or so every evening this week as long as the weather cooperates. Keep the photos coming.

Took some of them out for some sun today. Still 4-5 weeks away from being able to put the outside. Re-potted again - worried that they're going to become even more root-bound than they are before I can put them out. Some are starting to lose a lot of leaves - I'm assuming it's because they don't have enough room to grow.

The family outside (still have approximately 40 that are too small to put in the sun):

P1020634.jpg

Some of the 1st group that I started:

P1020637.jpg

Before re-potting again:

P1020631.jpg

Notice all of the leaves that fell off:

P1020632.jpg

Hopefully moving them into larger pots will help. I have quite a few that are in this conditionn

Great plants... That's the way my rootballs look. still trying to hold out and avoid potting up. Got 25 in 5 gallon containers outside now but still none in the ground. Winds have been relentless this year. Your transplanted ones are going to be huge in 4 weeks. Have yours started flowering... A few of mine just started.

almost all started flowering - i cut them all of yesterday. hopefully i can make it for another month.

updated picture of most of the family outside in the sun. i've had them sitting on the dining room table for the last couple of weeks as they can't go outside until mid-May and i'm afraid if i keep them under the lights that they will outgrow their pots.

P1020685.jpg

I'm getting grown out of house and home too....come on warm weather!

I planted one of my plants outside on April 10. It actually lived until the snow we had a few days after that :(

Looking Great! On the bright side, at least you have plenty of time to get them hardened off. I have been rushing it and have burned about 33 percent of my plants now. Yet again, we have 45+ winds forecast through Wednesday but perfect temps. It's frustrating no matter where you live.

Looking good Buddy! The last 4 weeks waiting to plant out feels like a year haha. It will be here before you know it. Good luck and happy growing!

Charles

here's what i've got going. i started many of the seeds too early and the plants died before making it outside. these went out about may 20th and have survived hail, tornado warnings, and generally crappy weather. anyway, here are some pictures.

earthboxes (both real and home made):
P1030167.jpg

along the pool deck:
P1030168.jpg

fence line (tomatoes planted against fence):
P1030191.jpg

random chiles (many of which had virtually no undamaged leave from the hail):
P1030209.jpg

P1030199.jpg

P1030182.jpg

P1030179.jpg

P1030170.jpg

P1030171.jpg

P1030169.jpg

Buddy, your plants look great man!
I love how bushy they are!! what are the things you have the water bottles in?

Kevin

Back