• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Buds

When do you stop pinching the buds off your plants? All my plants are doing great and are budding like mad. I just don't know when you should let them start producing fruit. They won't be going into the ground for a bit yet as the last frost in my neck of the woods isn't for a bit yet (Jun. 4 according to the almanac). I'm in region 2 if that helps.

haha I posted almost the same exact question 2 minutes after you did. I also read that your suppose to clip the early buds, but had no clue what that meant or why and when you stop? Hopefully someone will help out.

Well, you want to clip the buds off of the plant when the plant is still small. That way it'll continue to pour all of it's energy into growing a strong healthy plant instead of wasting energy on producing flowers and pods. The plant will also be able to produce more pods when it is fully mature as opposed to the low production you'd get out of a smaller plant. But there is a point where you have to let the buds grow. That's what I was wondering as I've been clipping them off on a weekly basis.

Hopefully others can chime in on when to let them go.

Back