• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Bug I'd please

I found this guy on leaves.This year I have found leaves with tiny holes.Will a combo neem and dishsoap mix do the trick.?? Thanks my friends.
IMG_20170624_122640115.jpg

Guy and gals I had a bigger problem 3 weeks ago when we went from our normal70-80 degree days to 2 straight high 90 weeks with 30 mph winds.By-by flowers.I do want to solve the little buggers that must own a shotgun the way some of the leaves look.Thank you all for chiming in.

tctenten said:
I have a bunch on one of my tomato plants and while they seem to be killing the aphids...they are not completely getting rid of them.

I'm fortunate to have a solid population of aphid hunting parasitic wasps that return every year just as the monsters' population starts to explode in the spring.  They never do wipe out all the buggers, but do keep the Green Hordes in check, to the point that they are essentially harmless to the plants.

Randy
Do NOT neem, spray, crush, or otherwise molest those 'fat aphids.'  Each one contains a tiny alien terror that will, if left to its own devices, kill dozens / hundreds of the enemy.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EAz43qjH9M

Back