• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests bug ID?

20130822_174507.jpg

Thanks in advance.

, Walter

does anyone know the ratio of bad bugs to good? I was thinking that most bugs are good. We all know ladybugs & praying mantis' are good. Theres got to be others or am I mistaken?

Thanks for the replies, Joyners nailed it I think. I just Googled milkweed bug and there's a few different types. I was reading that they feed on milkweed seeds and idk what else. I have to look it up more. I already found 2 around my hydro plants and I just rather be safe than sorry and killed them.

I wonder why they're around. There's no milkweed around my area and they're indoors and I never take them outside either.

, Walter

Dot Com said:
does anyone know the ratio of bad bugs to good? I was thinking that most bugs are good. We all know ladybugs & praying mantis' are good. Theres got to be others or am I mistaken?
I'd prob say a bit more bad bugs rather than good, esp. When it comes to being on your plants.
I have seen a parasitic wasp on and around my plants as I have been battling aphids this yr.
What is weird is not a single ladybug.

Off the top of my head I can come up with more pests than I can friendlies or beneficial bugs.

Good:
Assassin bug
Ladybug
Praying mantis
Lacewing
Parasitic Wasp
Parasitic Mites

Bad bugs/crawlers

Aphids
Broad mites
Spider mites
Leaf hopper
Squash Bug
Thrips
Whiteflies
Horn worms
Caterpillars
Scales
Mealy bugs
Pepper maggots
Fungus gnats
Pepper Weevil
Cutworms

i've had trouble w/ gnats both indoors and out.Don't seem to be effecting the plants though (fingers crossed).

Back