• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests bugs in my tomato tone

I opened a bag of tomato tone I had left over from last year in my garage and noticed a ton of winged insects crawling on the surface. My first thought was to nuke it from orbit but just closed the bag and put it in an airtight larger bag.

Is there a way I could sterilize this in the sun or something to kill all the insects in this bag? Not worth it, throw it out? I'm afraid of infecting my garden or containers even though I cannot identify the insects. (have had problems with fungus gnats, aphids, and spider mites last year).

They were much bigger than fungus gnats. Big wings folded back compared to body size. Like 3\4 size of a dime. The tomato tone was bone dry, at least on surface.

Shorerider said:
Oven, Vacuum sealed for a couple of months, put in a pillowcase and bashed with a hammer, put in water and boil to make liquid fert, ground into fine powder, heated in a frying pan, or if all else fails, get divorced and use the microwave oven.
SR.
Shorerider you so crazy!!! :)

th-3.jpeg

oldsalty said:
Shorerider you so crazy!!! :)

Back