• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Bunny Poo

This just sits outside my front door.

We get a weather pattern here called a "Chinook Arch", this brings warm winds that causes a lot of snow melt. Well, for a couple of days we have been chinookin' and this is what was exposed. Jack rabbit poop. Okay, i was a little lazy, in the picture is a pumpkin left over from halloween. We had a fast temperature drop and heavy dumping of snow which covered the pumpkin. I had meant to toss it into the composter but had noticed something was chewing on it, so i just left it where it sat.

I am planning on scooping up the little poo pellets to make bunny poo fertilizer. I have to work fast as the forecast is predicting another dumping of 10 - 15 cm of snow by tomorrow morning.

..............oh, i still see mr rabbit bouncing his chubby little body around the neighbourhood.

HPIM1944.jpg

It's kinda funny, but I see a lot more rabbits in the city, both jack rabbits and snowshoe hares, than I do out in our rural neck o' the woods here.

In fact, I can't remember the last time I've seen a jack rabbit out here, and just last week my wife and I caught sight of a snowshoe hare in the headlights while driving at night and we both remarked with excitement about seeing it.

I'm guessing that the local and rather vocal coyote population here keeps their brethern rabbit membership numbers in check.

But in Edmonton, the rabbit numbers are so high, that in the summer, Edmontonians end up calling By-law control officers to come out and round up these critters that are devouring the resident's summer gardens.

To which the officers respond, that they only round up dogs, cats, escaped livestock, deer or moose on the loose, but they don't deal with rabbits.

Hence the coyote population is now increasing in size in the city.

And city slicker coyotes are not shy of people nor their pets, and in fact like to supplement their diets with the occasional Shih tzu snack, Pomeranian pizza pop or Yorkie puddin' pie.;)

dvg

Rabbit poo is apparently one of the best manures you can use as it has a high nitrogen content but won't burn like chicken manure.

Back