• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

I have been craving a good burger and this thread was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mrs. JayT likes a variety of toppings to choose from and I usually make myself several different burgers when I cook them so here is a look at two. All are made on toasted onion rolls with sharp cheddar and 80/20 ground chuck cooked in the bacon fat.

Some prep/action shots

100_0256-1.jpg

100_0257-1.jpg

100_0258-2.jpg

100_0259-1.jpg

The first one incudes bacon, lettuce, tomato, homemade spicy pickle, and smokey jakes pit sauce.

100_0260-1.jpg

100_0261-1.jpg

The second includes sauteed mushrooms and onion, mayo and LDHS' green sauce. Official review coming soon.

100_0262-1.jpg

100_0263-1.jpg

Now it is sake time again...

100_0249-2.jpg

Are you sure that you want to review these burgers? As good as they look, words may get in the way and do them an injustice (not that you're bad with words).. :)

Oh my, The double stack. Nice! I have one more to add too. The Haa haa haa Frenchy Coursaint Burger. This one has simply bacon, sharp cheddar, bbq sauce, and one of my all time favorite hot sauces Hiccupin' Hot by Bone Suckin' Sauces.

100_0266-1.jpg

100_0269-1.jpg

Oh my, The double stack. Nice! I have one more to add too. The Haa haa haa Frenchy Coursaint Burger. This one has simply bacon, sharp cheddar, bbq sauce, and one of my all time favorite hot sauces Hiccupin' Hot by Bone Suckin' Sauces.

100_0266-1.jpg

100_0269-1.jpg

Extra points if anyone can name the bottle of hot sauce in the background of pic #2.

Sic you get big points for style. That egg chingaderra looks great even though the meat to bread ratio looks way off.

Jay, you on the other hand....how the hell does one quote himself in his own post? WTF? Fail or Win...its all so confusing.

BURGER amongst burgers: start with 1 purple jalapeno, 3 small habaneros, 1 ghost pepper,mixed the meat with diced peppers, diced garlic, powdered garlic, ground pepper blend,put cheese in the middle of two burgers

11.jpg

those dark red peppers, which are those? I want that burger in my belly.

those are some purple jalapenos, we diced habs,purple jalo,and a bhut into the meat,then fried some purps for the top

Wow sicman, that's one incredibly awesome looking burger!

Someone gave me a bottle of Bacon Hot Sauce:

baconhotsauce.jpg

And of course I had to make a good ol' burger to slather lots of the sauce upon:

IMAG1485.jpg

Mmmmm bacon...

DAMN, all these awesome burgers…I’m getting hungry again.
Sicman I’m love’n the way you cook, purple jalapeno, 3x hab’s and a bhut, awesome. Then you kick up by adding more purple jalapeno, and did you stop there, hell no… 2 x eggs, 2 x cheese stuffed patties. Sorry gotta stop looking, getting to hungry.

What a long and busy weekend, I wanted to get this posted earlier, but I can’t think… remember longing on since Thursday. I was going to post this in DC, but thought this would be just as appropriate.

The veggies; onion, the last Manzono and 2 medium dried bhuts.
IMG_0112.jpg

Veggies sweating in a pan with 1 TBS butter and a pinch of granulated garlic.
IMG_0118.jpg

Another shot, you can see the 2 bhuts and garlic.
IMG_0126.jpg

93/7 ground beef from the freezer, now two things here any burger lover will argue. 1[sup]st[/sup], 7% fat WTF, I’ve never had any flavor issues with the 93/7 I use only S&P and cook on a 600⁰-625⁰ CI. 2[sup]nd[/sup], the meat is too compressed, see next pic.
IMG_0116.jpg

I S&P then fluff the patty with a fork, stick it in and turn. Flip the patty over and turn 90⁰, S&P then fork it again. A loose patty will cook more evenly and won’t bulge in the center, but you all know that.
IMG_0129.jpg

Patty flipped with veggies on top. Now I know better but I made a rookie mistake here, you see… that smoke there… well um… it was tear gas :mouthonfire: from the capsaicin saturated butter in the veggies running on the CI. Needless to say I fumigated one story of the house. I had sneezing dogs and a bitching girl friend to listen to, and yet I didn’t think it was that bad, tolerance gotta love it. :twisted:
IMG_0131.jpg

Whit cheese
IMG_0133.jpg

The money shot! There is bacon on there under the patty somewhere.
IMG_0135.jpg

Back