• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Burn dots at the ends of leaves

Hi guys,
I did some searches but couldnt find the right solution for the problem.

I grow a few plants indoor under a 100w led lamp with 25cm distance from the lamp to the tallest point of the plants.
They all grow goos (10 plants). Three of them has some weird problem with the leaves.
1. Red habanero, grows in 11L pot, watered every two days with 0.5L of water. The leaves curl up, and burnt on the endinga with a bit of yellow.

2. Bishop Crown - grows in 6.5L pot, water every two days with 325ml. Leaves burnt at the edges, a bit of curling up, and drops after sometime.

3. Cream fantasy - 6.5L pot, watered every two days with 325ml. Burnt edges. Buds are dropping before flowering.

All of them:

I gave them full watering (until water comes out of the pot). And two days ago tried giving them Bionova Hydro Supermix at 8ml/L (half the minimum recommended amount).

I dont have temperature or humidity meter at the moment. Its around 27c inside daytime.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
I grow a few plants indoor under a 100w led lamp with 25cm distance from the lamp to the tallest point of the plants.

What type lED light?
Less than 10" is close unless you can moderate the light intensity.

How many hours of light do the plants get a day?

Do you mist the plants?

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt response!
Light is:
IMVSINCERE LED Grow Lights, BC100W, Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light, 3x3 ft. with Samsung Diodes, Dimmable Lighting for Hydroponic Seedling Veg, and Bloom in Grow Tents Greenhouse https://a.co/d/0LBJVb2
(No affiliate link)

Its about 25cm (10 inch) from the tallest plant (which is growing finnne!). And about 35 cm (1.5 inch) from the top of the shorter plants. Its usually on 100%. I tried to lower it to 60% but no difference. Hours are 05am until 8pm - 15h.

I dont mist. The humidity according to the weathercast is 20-40% outside ( if that helps). Should i mist? What mist does? Thanks 👍

I dont mist. The humidity according to the weathercast is 20-40% outside ( if that helps). Should i mist? What mist does?

Even though your Humidity is high, I have misted seedlings , plants, & outdoor plants with a fine water mist for ever.
Of course no misting indoors without a small fan for good ventilation. Plants seem to like getting their leaves cleaned & cooled.

Your Grow light looks up to the task & you sound like you know what your doing with it.
Just changed to LEDs this year & had a new learning curve for sure. I read to start the seeds
at 50 percent @ 14" above the flats.

Next season I will start my plants a month later due to the incredible growth of the seedlings.
I was so afraid of my plants burning the lights were not turned up or allowed too close to the plants.

I offer this picture to show how close the plants can get without burning.
Hope to hear what the others think about the spots.

1685121099521.png

Wow, great photos. Which lights do you use?
I honestly don't know shit about growing anything, especially not indoors, its my first time, i just saw shitload of videos on youtube and read as much as i can. Im trying currently to understand my water plan. I saw that the roots of the plants are popping out of the soil from the top, i suppose i watered too much and they want air. I will change my watering schedule now to every 5 or 6 days, i suppose that would allow better air circulated into the soil.

Regarding the light- i ordered 4 different ones form amazon, this one had the highest ppfd. Cant tell though if it has the best spectrum. I think it works since they are flowering. I had loads of broad mites before but i managed to kill them all.

Im waiting for a delivery of mist manual machine, i'd give it a try once its here and let u know.

Last edited:
Wow, great photos. Which lights do you use?

I just got 2 more for $99.00 & that was a sale they (Amazon) have often.
Learning to water is something I know alot about. When it rains many times the wild outside plants have gotten dry & wilted in the hot day sun.
I let the plants dry out to the point of showing a need for water.

Tips wilting some, soil dry & pots lighter than after a good bottom watering.
When the soil stays wet the roots have more trouble by not getting enough oxygen, & that leads to poor nutrient uptake & rot.

As for your original questions about spots on the leaves.
I see leaves showing some distress. Diseases can cause leaf issues however many times it's the plants way of showing stress.

Less water & more misting may help bring the plants around.
IMHO your plants look great as for size & structure.

Perhaps try to make them more comfortable & watch how they respond.
Some of my Peppers this season like Lesya & Scotch Bonnets had leaves curling at the edges when we were hardening them off early for outside planting
They did not like the 40 degree nights outside so I brought them back inside again for a few days & they returned to normal.

Peppers are like me, we both hate the Cooold weather LOL.

1685126938035.png

I just got 2 more for $99.00 & that was a sale they (Amazon) have often.
Learning to water is something I know alot about. When it rains many times the wild outside plants have gotten dry & wilted in the hot day sun.
I let the plants dry out to the point of showing a need for water.

Tips wilting some, soil dry & pots lighter than after a good bottom watering.
When the soil stays wet the roots have more trouble by not getting enough oxygen, & that leads to poor nutrient uptake & rot.

As for your original questions about spots on the leaves.
I see leaves showing some distress. Diseases can cause leaf issues however many times it's the plants way of showing stress.

Less water & more misting may help bring the plants around.
IMHO your plants look great as for size & structure.

Perhaps try to make them more comfortable & watch how they respond.
Some of my Peppers this season like Lesya & Scotch Bonnets had leaves curling at the edges when we were hardening them off early for outside planting
They did not like the 40 degree nights outside so I brought them back inside again for a few days & they returned to normal.

Peppers are like me, we both hate the Cooold weather LOL.

1685126938035.png
Thanks mate. I'd deffo try this- waiting till they wilt - and see how they respond. I should get a temp & humidity meter and then i'd be able to calculate the exact amount of water needed. I plan to grow them fully inside (unfortunately I don't have outside part at my flat). Do you think my 100w lamp would suffice?
I try to keep notes in excel sheet about their progress and watering.
One of the biggest benefits where I live is that you dont need to be too smart about mixing soil - its very hard to find plain soil - you always find mixed soil with enough fertilizer for at least a year of growth.

Back