Burn down?

Kentucky lets folk clear with controlled burns if the weather conditions are right.  My guess is the ash is beneficial to some crops.  How bout peppers?

I've actually seen this done in Africa too, over there they said the ash is very rich in nutrients for the next crop, and that it's very handy to just burn all the weeds down instead of manually picking it or using herbicides. 
This makes a lot of sense actually, I'd just be careful not to burn a house down  :fireball:

Great way to add potassium to your soil, but there is also salts and lye in ash. I've seen recommendations to put the ash in the compost pile to let the salts and lye leach out first.

I save ash from my fireplace every year but I only burn about a rick per season so I don't add a ton of ash.

My buddy in Kentucky calls the Dept of Conservation(maybe dept of natural resources?) and they will come burn his land for him, put it out, etc...  He burns several hundred acres every year this way and does basically no work and it costs him nothing.

Back