• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Butch T and Morouga Scorpions

The Nursery up the street has them for $3.49 ea.
Good price.

For those that live near North Hills Ca.,the plants I saw looked OK.
I suspect they won't last long.

Not affiliated---A public service announcement only.

I might be bribed into picking a couple up for whoever if they PM me AND promise to show up with the $ when they say they'll be here for pick up.
PM me.
The nursery is only a couple hundred yards up the street from me.

That is expensive for Green Thumb.
They just mark stuff up whatever percentage on all plants that the bosses/owners say to for all stores.
Growers price determins sales price.
A pepper is a pepper,a rose is a rose to them.
Veggies are marked up X%,Trees X% etc.

They are a chain of Nurseries that buy in volume.They sell a LOT of plants.
THIS IS S.Ca. no winter...
They order a bunch of plants rather than mark up a lesser volume.
If their customers are like me,you spend more $ on other stuff along with the plants at the same time.
The staff that works there are very educated about all kinds of plants.
Chris can probably answer about any question about anything they sell or probably a lot of stuff they don't sell.
Same with a lot of the staff there.

They sold a BUNCH of Bhuts in the last 3 yrs. that were monster plants compared to what A LOT of vendors were charging.

I can't promise the plants are true etc.
SO far a lot/most of stuff I get from them is marked right.

BUT most times I get them off the truck at delivery.They drive past where I live on their way to the Nursery.I follow the trucks in.
If there are only a couple plants left in a flat I don't buy.Lots of flats= recent delivery-true plant tags.

I,in general won't buy stuff off the racks.

Too many people like swapping tags to get a Scorpion or whatever they swapped tags on to get it for $1.49.

By the way they have Scotch Bonnets (mine were yellow last year and TRUE Chinense mushroom shaped,not the Annuum mushrooms that some growers sell).

Green Thumb/Arrow has a pretty good selection so far this year.

Lots of nice looking plants and stuff like Fatalii and Datil later in the season.
I know the guy who orders and he will set aside a few plants if they come in that I want...

I saw the list of stuff from the growers he ordered.
Last year they had Bhuts that were 12in. tall in 1gal. pots for $6.00 to $10.00 depending on plant size.Some were very big for $10.00.
Looked like they had Assam and chile inst. strains last year.

They are the only nursery that sells a few Mexican wild that I know of from time to time.

Last year I got a couple Bonnets for a guy (last of the plants/bonnets at G.T.),ended up the tags were changed.He said they grew carribean reds.
Might have been Bonnets-the hab looking ones.
My guy at green thumb thought the bonnets were supposed to be red but the 2 plants I got were yellow.
No color was on the tag,I was happy with mine-still out there now needing a new home(I hate tossing out plants...).

I bank at Vallrta market (Mex.Mart.)and Green Arrow/Thumb all the time. :)

Anyway,I'll get what I get but show me respect by showing up on time or call if you aren't able to do so.
I work 14hrs a day,7 days a week.Waiting a couple hours for some one to show up cuts into my Vallarta ,Costco and Green thumb time.
I bus everywhere,don't own a car.

I like spreading the heat to the chile impaired when I can.Don't like feeling used as a sucker.

Wow, great Nursery! The Nurseries around here are tiny and woeful....I asked about Bhuts last year, and the looks I got said it all.......

On the other hand we do have a couple of Vallarta stores!
Man I love that place!
Awesome produce, best tortillas around, and the butcher department is great too :)

Back