• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Butch T germination times

How long do your Butch T pepper seeds take to germinate?
I have had two cells with two seeds each in my propagator with a heating pad under it since January 21st and no germination yet. Just about every other super hot has germinated but these. I was going to put a couple of more seeds in there but what's the chance of all four seeds not coming up yet? Maybe I need to wait longer as the Datils just came up a week back.

Have you checked them in the soil? They may be having a hard time getting through. Mine usually pop through in 1-2 weeks, especially when they're on a germ pad.

My Butch T's were my fastest, strongest starters. I would say 7-9 days or so and they had a tail. The toughest so far, for me, has been ghost. But I may have just gotten bad seeds. The butch T's I harvested from ripe pod myself.

I started those seeds same day, fresh from harvesting them. I put them in a bag with a damp paper towel, wrapped them in a hand towel (I had a thermoneter in there and the temps were too high, and the towel evened them out to a nice 85ish). Took a peek every now and then and in just a few days longer than a week, I had a bag of butch T seeds with little white tails.

Back