• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

butch t leaves falling off

I have a Butch t plant that all the lower leaves are falling off why is this? I have a douglah and a hatch green chilli plant growing right next to the Butch t and there doing fine.

I have a Butch t plant that all the lower leaves are falling off why is this? I have a douglah and a hatch green chilli plant growing right next to the Butch t and there doing fine.
Do you have a photo of the plant? Are the lower leaves turning yellow and then dropping?

is it potbound?
I'm also curious as to whether the plant is pot bound.

Yes yellow then dropping still growing on top and nothing wrong with the other plants
Does the ButchT plant have its own container near the other plants?

Are the lower leaves receiving enough light? A plant will drop leaves that are receiving insufficient light. The plant will also drop older leaves if there is a Nitrogen deficiency.

We need more information to determine the cause.

Is that one getting more water (as in potentially too much) than the others?

+) ....yellowing leaves are signs of excess water.

Is it also possible that the BT has a heavier potting medium compared to the others?

Or what some people do by mistake is to water the plants more often that seem to be in an

inhibited state of growth. That usually causes root rot and adds to the chance of establishing

a series fungal diseases when high humidity is present.

Greg

I'm not happy with the soil I used tried something new can I change it and how. It just went from a 4in pot to a one gallon about three weeks ago

Sure you can, and if you have any concerns you can use a root stimulating or transplant shock product. One that I use and helps on all counts is "Super-Thrive".
It helps with seed germination and overall growth...

Greg

Back