butch t not that hot?

i finally got a ripe butch t and i could not wait i picked it a little early but i always see everyone picking them even earlier. the pepper is completely orange and some red on it. i gave it a taste its not as hot as my ghost peppers

sorry if images are blurry i dont have my camera i want to know if they are true butch t because i have a couple pods with not tail at all 

I agree first pods aren't as hot as well as outdoor pods are usually hotter.
Nice lookin pods you have btw!

Ciuld be a sensitivity thing.... a piece of a butch t I grew last year was hotter than a whole bhut to a buddy of mine, while the same sized piece of a bhut was hotter to me than the butch t....

when i cut it open i tasted the juice on the knife and it was barely hot and faded away fast i dident even have to drink water compared to my bhut when i do the same my tongue burns and last for a while. there are a couple butch t ripening that ima pick tomorrow and see if they get hotter

My Butch T pods were VERY late to ripen last year= Sept. but were DEADLY hot..  My overwintered plant has pods that are nowhere near turning color yet, but all have pronounced stingers. .  Be careful because later pods, ripened with the stress of high heat may be dangerous compared to your early sample. Good growing !
IMHO...your pods look like results from a Butch T mommy visited by a bee with Scotch Bonnet  pollen :dance:    ?
Similar to SB7J pods (mushroom shape of nuclear explosion)..I am eager for mine to ripen.

Back