• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Butch T Scorpion

So I go to RS67MAN's house to get some knowledge on growing peppers. When I get there he tells me he received his butch t scorpions from Cappy. Now, I have general knowledge of peppers but have never had anything hotter than an orange hab. So he cuts a couple slivers from one pepper and we pop them in our mouths. I chew the butch for awhile and try to familiarize myself with its flavor. As I do I notice the heat isn't there. After chewing and tasting for about 15 seconds I swallow, that's when I start to feel the heat. It's just a slight heat in the back of the throat, enough to feel it but little enough to think "This is a super hot?". That's when i realize it's gotten hotter. Now my throat feels like some one lite a sword on fire and shoved it down my throat. To make things worse, when it finally reaches it hottest point it stays there. After about five minutes the heat is so intense I grab my beer and start chugging it down. I know it makes things worse, in fact it made things much worse. My tongue felt like it was on fire. It was so brutal I gave in and grabbed a cracker. When I was no longer in utter pain I made my decision I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET ME SOME OF THOSE. The flavor was great, the heat was intense, and there's quite a bit you can do with it. My next shipment of peppers will have those in there. Thanks again Walt.

Hey habaneroheat81 glad you got to taste a fresh ButchT scorpion! Did you get your big box of hot peppers I sent you this week? Hope everything arrived fresh and in very good shape, I will have more of the ButchT's available again in a few weeks. Happy to help so many try their first Scorpion BT, the heat is very intense and good job. :mouthonfire:

ThePepperGrowingMan never did hear back from you if the Yellow 7 Pod arrived last week and in good shape could you please let me know.

I answered in the thread right after you asked :) Pods were awesome all the way around. Liked them so much I'm keeping some seeds from of the nicer pods for the garden next year and will probably get some more off you in the next few weeks.

Thanks ThePepperGrowingMan I found it just did not check you off my list. As far as differnt variants I am sure of that, my seed did not come via Neil at TheHippySeedCo but rather through WickedMojo who got seed directly from Butch Taylor himself the year before. I agree the burn is usually very immediate and intense right from the word go. Habaneroheat81 should have his hand full with Scotch Bonnets, Naga Morrich, Datils, and Chocolate Nagas all arriving today. :mouthonfire:

Instant blistering burn, fills every crevice of my mouth with lava then continues to get hotter. My friend at work said it best "It feels like my teeth are melting and my Adams apple just burst into flames!"

Personally I can't see it being a hybrid, mine have grown very stable for quite a few years now. If it was a cross it would be obvious in the f2+ stages.
I think I may start labelling this variant as Trinidad scorpion-BT Battery-acid type

I jus got my order from cappy n there was a bag full of trinidad scorpions i had a nice size piece that was half of a half long ways n it was hot right off the bat. The burn lasted around 15 min but the taste was kinda nasty to me. But i did it n i won :)

Cut it done the middle long ways so u get some of the placenta and some seeds instant burn. It put a few more hairs on my chest lol

In the future I will, right now I'm trying to get over the "summer cold". I should be getting the naga chocolate and other peppers from Cappy today. So as soon as I'm healthy again I will try those and post what I thought about those as well.

Havent tried them yet i was burping up the taste of tge scorpion all day yesterday lol. I might try the datil tonite n the yellow 7 tom. N the naga on monday

Back