• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

ButchT setting small pods, why???

I have a ButchT plant that is about 3 1/2 ft tall. It has by far been my most stubborn plant!!!
It wasnt putting out pods until I upped the fert. I have continued to feed the plant more since I upped the fert. I'm using dyna grow bloom 3-12-6.
That's all I really have been using lately. I gave quite a few pods but they are all very small, the plant started setting pods about 2-3 weeks ago, which should be plenty of time for the pods to reach full size, (the pods just arent getting bigger.) Any helpful ideas or suggestions would be great! * Side note: The other plants that have produced have put out larger averaged sized pods. I'm wondering if it could be weather related, since the ButchT didnt spit out pods until for the most part cooler weather arrived.Still doesnt quite add up!? The largest ButchT pod is about the size of a quarter, most are nickel or dime sized.

I have this happen sometimes, usually its cause they where forming and then we get some heavy rains a few days in a row.

John, mine do that when the plants are stressed. I think they see the end is near and are trying to keep there species alive. Small pods, faster ripening, higher chance of reproduction. That's my theory and I am sticking to it. :confused:

Back