• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

C.cardenasii

Does anyone know whether C.cardenasii will cross with any other species of Capsicum? Mine are flowering their hearts out and setting tons of pods. Unfortunately, I can`t isolate by distance, so I`ve been hand-pollinating flowers and hoping nothing else can cross with them. Yes, crappy photos,  but it`s all i have for now.

Excellent point. I have thought about it, but just haven`t got around to it. Pretty weak answer, I know. I will bag the next lot of flowers on the cardenasii. I have 3 plants and they are all full of flower buds. 

Nigel said:
Excellent point. I have thought about it, but just haven`t got around to it. Pretty weak answer, I know. I will bag the next lot of flowers on the cardenasii. I have 3 plants and they are all full of flower buds.
Thechileman.org has a guide to crossing chili peppers page that has a table with a cardenasii row. The column with C.cardenasii as the female parent is sparse.

Pr0digal_son said:
Nigel, that is eximium in the picture. C.cardenasii has campanulate flowers. My cardenasii came up eximium also.
Ahh. Ok then. That`s really great info, thanks a lot. All 3 plants are the same, so now I have a proper ID on them. 

When I get back in town I will shoot you a couple pics. Pods will go brown and then finish a very rich red. Was yours CAP1530?

Thanks a lot Prodigal Son. Yes, the seeds were labelled Cap1530. One plant is covered in pods, the other two just started to flower. 

Back