• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cabacinha laranja

MarcV

Extreme Member
I saw these pictures of "Cabacinha laranja" posted in a facebook group by someone with the name William Andrade. I'm sure I saw this variety before but of course now I can't find it and - also of course - I love the look of this pepper and I want seeds  :D

Can anyone put me in the right direction?

146239577-1903237936491239-6199132487522293647-n.jpg

146394129-1903238006491232-749679067665988539-o.jpg

146534105-1903237966491236-674043748829342815-n.jpg

Hmmm... that looks like a different pepper...

Murupi-Laranja.jpg

Try to contact this W. Andrade dude over Facebook, he is active among a few pepper groups.

I did respond to the post but didn't get a reply sofar...

MarcV said:
I did respond to the post but didn't get a reply sofar...

Just saw a post from him from half an hour ago; send him a PM!

Contacted him, he is awaiting the release of his paypal account, then he can sell.

Reactions: Bou
CaneDog said:
Wow, that's a cool one.  Looks like a variation of Biquinho.  Does the name translate as Orange Zucchini?

Hope you're able to track it down.

It does resemble a baquinho from the neck down.  Nice looking pepper!

CaneDog said:
Wow, that's a cool one.  Looks like a variation of Biquinho.  Does the name translate as Orange Zucchini?

Hope you're able to track it down.

While looking around I saw a number of translations, pumpkin, gourd, etc. (And now Zucchini!)--- How about Cucurbit?

cucurbits.jpg

The automatic translation of fb translated it to orange squash...

I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money or disparage an entire nation. But tread carefully when dealing with Brazilians or transferring money.This is not a new conundrum and it's actually gotten worse over the years. There has been plenty of scamming that has gone on when dealing with seed traders and sellers from that country.

Again,I am not trying to impugn the whole population of that country. I've spent time there and have numerous friends there as well. It just happens to be that the ones involved with the seed game have been notoriously shady.

There are some people in the USA that have those if it doesn't work out for you. I'm sure we can pull some strings. Good luck!

kentishman said:
Hope you’re successful Marc. That is a pretty pepper. Just planted seeds for Jeromin and a couple of Hungarian paprika varieties. I grew Jeromin from the seeds you sent me a couple of years ago.
The jeromin is a nice allround pepper and very productive. I'm sure you'll like it!

DontPanic said:
A seed-seller whose Paypal account has been locked....

What could possibly go wrong?  :twisted:
Not sure if that's what he said. As I interpret it, he made a paypal account and is awaiting approval? Don't know myself if there is time involved with that... For trading maybe...? Anyway, if I was to go through with it and it would be a scam, it's not like I would lose a large amount of money...

Can't understand a word of it but the man seems to speak passionately about his pepper...

https://youtu.be/Uv3Q0g4hWe0

Back