• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Cacao - The food of the Gods

Have had flowers, but no pods. I've been travelling too much for work which has changed this year, so when it gets to summer here I plan on trying to pollinate manually. I've got 3 major plants and a couple of smaller ones, so will focus on the larger ones. Will send pics later in the year, at the moment the tent is only getting to about 20C in winter even in the garage due to the cold weather.

Noticed some flowers on the plants this morning, which is surprising since the tent in the garage is not getting much above 20C due to winter here in Melbourne

10420339_10152252689971994_7154983314983406962_n.jpg
 ​
Found a video on youtube as well that talks about how the flowers and how you can hand pollinate. I hope both flowers open at the same time so I can experiment.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUk9G1qjVM0[/media]​

Give me another month. Temperature in tents are now > 25C and the humidity is high, and I can see flowers forming in places I hadn't seen before. Once I hand pollinate a few and get some traction, I will post picture updates regularly.

Back