• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cachacha --- say what?

A friend of mine told me they could give me some seeds from a pepper called Cachacha. I've never heard of this one before and can't find anything online about it. Is she just pulling my leg??? :crazy:

Hi RTF,

Your friend might have been referring to Aji Cachucha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cachucha_peppers

Try using metacrawler.com as your search engine...it searches the other search engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask...

I typed in 'cachacha pepper?' and came up with three pages worth.

Hope that helps a bit.

dvg

Thanks everyone. I did a little Google-work and found some more information on the variety. I think you are right that she is referring to 'Aji cachucha'. So many varieties. . . so little time.

yes its similar to brazilian pumpkin but a bit hotter? from what i can gather its an aji from peru and the name has something to do with a hat?

thanks your friend ajijoe

I've heard that they may have originated in Cuba (however these came from Puerto Rico.....naturally). Can there really be contraband peppers!?!?!?!

What... Obama still hasn't opened up the US border to travel between the USA and Cuba yet?

I'm surprised that ancient law is still in effect... seeing how the iron curtain fell many many years ago

Good thing I am Canadian... I've been thinking of taking a Vacation there :cool:
I've heard that they may have originated in Cuba (however these came from Puerto Rico.....naturally). Can there really be contraband peppers!?!?!?!

This one should make you hungry.link to blog for cachucha pepper...

http://peppermaniatexas.blogspot.com/2010/12/cachucha-sofrito-and-quesadilla-maker.html

Darn pics,now I'm going to have to break out the sandwich taoster oven/grill thingy...

I grew some 'Aji Cachucha" plants a few years ago. Mine were red, flying saucer shaped pods that didn't have any heat, but they had a good habanero type flavor. The plants were very productive as I remember.

Alan

Back