• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried cajohns dried naga peppers..

i just ordered some of these... @$15 / oz.. i hope there is a good amount of them in there, and not like 2. anyone order these and know approx how many are there?

Im pretty sure an ounce is around 28 grams. Just for an idea, here are some of my dried sliced Nagas with seeds, 23grams total weight:)

Dried001.jpg

It will be interesting to know the weight loss from fresh pod to dehydrated pods. Just for a reference, Ill weigh some fresh pods up this week dehydrate them and post back the results here.

I dehydrate my pods sliced in half length ways for 16 hours on 50degrees C, (they are bone dry by then) stored air tight they stay that way, if left out they rehydrate.

Dehydrated pods usually weight 1/10th of what a fresh pod does. It takes a LOT of dried pods to make an ounce of powder. That's how I know.

Chris

Ok well. They came today. There is alot of them. Probably 40-50 of them. AKA Enough for me for the next year. I will eat on these for a while. My first experience with them came about an hour ago when i tried a little bit. They were hot, but not that bad. So 10 minutes ago I decided to get a larger chunk. Yeah its hot, my nose started running and my eyes are watering. It is seriously hot. And it has a great taste to it.

As a side note - the naga saurus hot sauce is really good and it made a bowl of soup i had tonight REALLY hot.

Results from my little dehydrating experiment;

starting weight: fresh sliced Nagas = 154 grams
finishing weight: fully dehydrated sliced Nagas = 21 grams

Total loss of weight from dehydrating = 87%

ross - so how many pods did you get for $15 or $30 ?

& if you buy any 2 products from them then they'll give you a bottle of naga hot sauce free ? is this a 5 oz bottle ?

chilehunter said:
ross - so how many pods did you get for $15 or $30 ?

& if you buy any 2 products from them then they'll give you a bottle of naga hot sauce free ? is this a 5 oz bottle ?

it is a 5 oz bottle.

i didnt count how many pods are in there, i would estimate 30-40. possibly more. that should hold me off until i can grow them this year.

you have to buy either the pods or the 2oz jar of crushed powder (both 30 dollars) plus one other item, and you get a free jar of naga. i was about to buy the pods and the naga, and i saw that deal, so i bought the rub + pods and got the naga for free.

man they are good peppers tho, possibly a new favorite. really hot, but really tasty too

Back