• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Cal Mag & Micro Nuts Products Comparison

FloraMicro 5-0-1 (Left), Maxi Cal10-0-0 (middle), Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus 2-0-0 (Right)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciate
We can also talk about the pro and cons of each product for soil application, foliar spray..etc thanks

FloraMicro
FloraMicro.jpg

GrowMore Maxi Cal
MaxiCal.jpg

CalMagMicroNuts.jpg

Hey Bro, sorry but I not sure of your goal here, I use FloraMicro 5-0-1 (Left) as my base and then add the grow and bloom in concentrations adequate to the stage of the plant, the calcium is good always just as it is in all lifeforms, I have had nothing but awesome results...So...?

You are missing sulfur in your nutrient program. I suggest just using Maxi bloom, thats it. I no longer need to use anything but maxibloom from generial hydro. I have used CalMag from botanicare before.

Hey Bro, sorry but I not sure of your goal here, I use FloraMicro 5-0-1 (Left) as my base and then add the grow and bloom in concentrations adequate to the stage of the plant, the calcium is good always just as it is in all lifeforms, I have had nothing but awesome results...So...?
You are missing sulfur in your nutrient program. I suggest just using Maxi bloom, thats it. I no longer need to use anything but maxibloom from generial hydro. I have used CalMag from botanicare before.

Assuming that Im using Maxi Bloom to treat cal-deficiency for soil application as well as foliar spray. Should I be concerning the higher concentration of calcium 10% and nitrogen 10%, in maxi bloom? Also, if youre reading the product recommendation of Maxi-bloom. Would you be concerning about nitrogen and calcium application during fruiting stage will cause flowering to drop because of high nitrogen content?

As for Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus....Isn't it obvious that CalMag is lacking of other micronuts ?
Thanks

If your not sure what to use and when to use it, you might want to look at the manufactures suggested feeding charts for help. If your already using GH products and foliar feeding then have a look at GH's feeding charts here http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/feeding_schedule/

Maxi recirculating is a good option as it use less amounts since it's not based on a drain to waste table. I use Cal/Mag only because I already have a big bottle and haven't run out yet.

All I can suggest is due some research, knowledge is power, as all above have suggested, take that knowledge, and use your own gut instinct. Everyone's situation and variables in their environment are different. It is funny, but I swear after awhile you will be able to tell what your plants need just by looking at them. I have some plants that are out of control and shooting to the Moon and I have some that if I even look at them they wilt :} Heck.. I am still learning too! but getting better every season. It takes awhile to build the confidence about what you are doing, but only by trial and error will you ever learn, and when u get really stuck, well then there are alot of good souls here willing to help. If you have any specific questions about something just gimme a holler and I will be glad to point you in right direction/research...Be Well...and GL

Thanx for the post...

Back