• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calcium deficiency

Howdy,

I was wondering what people use on their Hot Pepper plants when the have a Calcium deficiency. My leaves are curling up and loook like shit. Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks Fellas

Curled up leaves could be from a number of things, not just calcium deficiency. It's best if you can post some pics.

Also, you'll find a lot of us use CalMag by Botanicare - I know my plants LOVE it!

i use CaMag+ from genHydro. it's in their general organics line. seems to work pretty good. i'm new at all of this though

Are you certain it's cal def? Like geems said, plenty of other things can cause curled up leaves.

Pics are always a *great* help. ;)

If I were in a situation where I thought it was calcium deficiency, I'd be anxious to change it and start grabbing some egg shells and ashing them on a fire before grinding them to dust, after having bashed a calcium vitamin supplement into powder with a hammer and watering that in (a fraction of one per plant).

In addition to pics it might help if you describe your soil and how well it drains, how often and how much water the pictured plants receive, and how much and how often (and the type) of fertilizer they're receiving if any, and if you are doing foliar feeding with it or only straight into the soil. Also examine the soil surface for traces of fungus growth, and insects there or on the leaves, and the condition of the plant's stem especially at the base, soil level.

Calcium(and most others) after the fact isn't the way to go. Get your soil analysed and prepare accordingly BEFORE planting.

Attachments

• S-08829_(44106)_JOSE_TORRES_VARELA(1).html
    67.6 KB · Views: 82
One more thought. A calcium deficiency often leads to Blossom End Rot (BER). Are any of your pods getting soft and/or dark at the ends away from the stem?

Calcium(and most others) after the fact isn't the way to go. Get your soil analysed and prepare accordingly BEFORE planting.
Ideally, yes. Prevention is always better than a cure. But since it's a bit late for that now.... ;)

Back