calcium deficiency

no longer has aphids it had some a while ago i seen a couple posts and it seems like calcium defiency but i have no idea some of my plants have it but this plant is the most severe. im not sure what to do should i cut the leaves off?

What's the environment, besides the curl is there a reason to suspect calcium deficiency?  Ash some egg shells, water them in, then wait to see if the next, new leaf sets are improved.

^  In limited space (pots), yes an excess can cause the plant to excessively droop within hours to a couple days.  If that happens, flush the excess out with a couple good waterings.

However it's much harder to overdose them on egg shells than CalMag.  Use as directed.

What's the soil?  If it's too alkaline (which a lot of CA soil is), the calcium can get locked up in a state where it's unavailable to the plant.  You might just need to acidify the soil---coffee grounds are the traditional home remedy and have saved a lot of zucchini for me.

-NT

armac said:
egg shells take months to break down and become a source of calcium, months
Not necessarily.  My routine is I gather up egg shells in an old skillet, then crush them with a 1' long piece of 2x4.  Some pieces are larger, others are like dust.  The ones like dust are practically instantly absorbed.  This is the slow way to do it.  If you ash them in fire and water that in, you will have increased calcium delivery practically immediately.

On the other hand, I"m a fan of months of delivery too.  Before I set peppers out I put larger chunks of egg shell in the soil knowing it will deliver calcium all season long.

CalMag is another one of those boutique products... there's nothing wrong with using it, but prior planning makes it irrelevant.

Back