• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Calling all culinary masters!

Greetings once again from DEFCON HQ. This message is a little different than usual, as we are asking YOU for your input for our next idea. We are in the middle of compiling a Defcon Cookbook, and need to know some of the uses and/or recipes that you create using our products, whether it be using the sauces, horseradishes or powders. After we have enough recipes, we will be putting a FREE download on the Defcon website of all the entries, pretty cool.

I know some of you guys/gals have some very interesting uses (let’s keep it clean, folks) for our stuff, and want to get an idea what these uses are. Just reply to this e-mail with your idea, and how you would like your name to appear under the recipe (ex. John Smith, New Jersey or John from Jersey, etc.).

Just give us a nice detailed recipe, so that others can enjoy your culinary masterpiece with no difficulty.

We look forward to seeing the culinary experiments you have all come up with. We will also highlight one of the recipes each month, so feel free to attach a picture of the dish if you want.

Thanks in advance for your help with this little venture, it should prove to be quite interesting.

John & Maggie​

Ha, I just had to tell you about my disastrous recipe that I posted on another forum a while back.

Chilli Burger

Chilli Burger for the "Can't Cooks"

Ingredients:
Makes 4

400g/140z beef mince
Finely chopped chillis
2 tbsp chopped coriander
4 crusty rolls, halved
2 tbsp of chilli sauce
I tomato sliced
Handful of baby salad leaves

1. Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F
Mix the beef with the chilli and chopped coriander, and season. Shape into four burgers about 2.5cm/1 inch thick. Chill in the fridge until needed.

2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook burgers on each side for 5 mins (?)

3. Toast the rolls on non-crusty side, place burger on roll, spoon on some sauce, and add a slice of tomato and salad leaves. Serve immediately.

I haven't put what type or amount of chillis as that's up to you, personally I'd use Habs/Scotch Bonnets and use the same volume of chillis as meat so you have half chillis and half meat as I like mine hot. The question mark is by the cooking time as the recipe says 4 mins each side for rare, 5 mins each side for medium, but I always assumed mince had to be cooked thoroughly. The burgers can obviously be grilled if preferred using an oil spray for a little moisture. Any animal mince or Quorn mince can be used too. It would be nice with cheese added, pickled jalapenos etc. Anything you like. Just enjoy.

I've got to add:

My Mum has told me that a beaten egg might help to keep the burger mix together especially with that amount of chillis added. She reckons you'll be eating 'Chilli Beef Nuggets' as it won't bind.

DEFCON Creator said:
Got it man. I'll tell ya, wait until you see what recipes I've gotten thus far. Talk about culinary experimentation taken to the extreme. Very cool!
I eagerly await seeing them!

Back