• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cambuci Pepper

Today I received some seeds from a THP member Thanks Tuca ; ) .. One was called Cambuci , does anyone know anything about this pepper. It looks like Bishops Crown. Is it a hottie?
Any info is welcomed !

The heat of Bishop's Hat type I have is varies greatly with its environment. At times it has produced some very hot pods and at other times it has produced pods that are barely warm.

The variability in heat seems to be a characteristic shared among the C. Baccatum varieties I grow.

My Bishop's Hat type came from somebody who obtained it from another person who thought it was a Bonnet. Hence I don't know exactly what name is given to the stain I have at its place of origin. Out of the two with Cambuci in the name on thechileman.org mine closely resemble the Ubatuba Cambuci.

I grew Uba Tuba last year. The seed came from the Chili Pepper Institute. Mine had no heat at all and had a very good, clean pepper taste. The pods grew fairly consistently to each other at about 2"-2.5" across in an odd 3 pointed UFO shape.

My plants grew very long and thin stemmed which caused problems when it started bearing fruit because it would bend to the ground. I believe this was because I had it planted to close to an okra row. The okra grew to be monsters at around 8' tall and overshadowed the plants.

It will be back in the garden this year.

Back