food Cameron Smoker Question

So, I'm working on a Drunken Chef intro post tonight, and in looking at the pictures I realized I impulse-purchased a Cameron CookTop/StoveTop Smoker which I'm completely unfamiliar with. It's that show Chopped's fault, well, that and the Amazon app ...

Has anyone cooked anything pepper-based using a Cameron in particular? I've received some super hot's and I'm keen to use them while they are fresh - tonight we'll be having curry made w/ the chopped pair of scorpion peppers - both of our first super's! The chocolate cake shots aid in celebration =)

Thanks in advance ...

photo-3.jpg

How'd it go. We use the hell out of our Cameron. Had a killer smoked Copper River Salmon dish from it they other night.

It works well, IMO. In some ways, better than a full-sized smoker, and certainly faster.

How'd it go. We use the hell out of our Cameron. Had a killer smoked Copper River Salmon dish from it they other night.

It works well, IMO. In some ways, better than a full-sized smoker, and certainly faster.

Haven't used it yet ... I need to read and make sure it's ok to use w/ a glass top stove! ...

Totally looking forward to it, though ...

gm

Ok, we didn't drink one night earlier this week and used the smoker, so instead of a Drunken Chef post I've got a follow-up for this thread ...

We love the Cameron smoker, perhaps wishing I had elected for the full-size version though! It's become THE WAY to finish the sous vide chicken, drying it up a bit and giving it awesome subtle smoked flavor ...

For what it's worth, I also love these chocolate fatalli (I think) from Baker's w/ provolone cheese ... yum!

b55c9402.jpg

9b6c6e71.jpg

ff4a3bdf.jpg

Good deal!

I have found that I'm getting some fantastic smoke flavor imparted in my powders with this little guy. And the nice thing is that the flavor is sucked up in about 20-25 minutes versus hours in a larger traditional smoker. Downside is that you can only do VERY small batches.

Why does that chicken look like Play-Doh with paper towel/dehydrator tray imprints on it?

Doesn't look like any smoked chicken I've even made. Not sure what it is.

Why does that chicken look like Play-Doh with paper towel/dehydrator trayimprints on it?

Sous vide bags make that imprint once vacuum sealed ... it's the sign of a well-maintained seal, actually =)

Good deal!

I have found that I'm getting some fantastic smoke flavor imparted in my powders with this little guy. And the nice thing is that the flavor is sucked up in about 20-25 minutes versus hours in a larger traditional smoker. Downside is that you can only do VERY small batches.

Love the smell in the house, too ...

Why does that chicken look like Play-Doh with paper towel/dehydrator tray imprints on it?

Hmmm...how often are you eating Play-Doh, THP? Seems a funny thing to have right there on the tip of your cerebellum...

Back