• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can anyone help & identify this problem on me foliage?

Hey all, Hope everyones plants are off to a good start this year? :P  So got a bit of a problem that I can't seem to solve myself @ the moment and hope someone taking a look at the pics can help to identify my plants problem/s? :rolleyes:

A little knowledge on the one in paticular, it was grown last year but didn't produce anything, so I thought I'd take it in over winter and see what would happen, cleaned it top to tail, cut the old foliage back and no pest no disease (that I noticed) etc and pot it up in my usual soil. From about october to around a month ago it has grown, flowered and put out a mish-mash of pods that don't seem to me, to ressemble a yellow Marouga Scorpian that it was supposed to be, so probably won't keep it but would like to figure the problem out for future ref!

Any-how it's been fed a 1/2 to 3/4 strengh of chilli focus on and off every other week and a little calcium and magnesium here and there, ph is always around 6.3 - 6.5, temps always between 72f-75f during day and no lower than 65f during the night. It's under some great full spectrum LED's that are working great on all my other plants (they seem to love them) I did however have bad air circulation to begin with so put in a new fan blowing a steady breeze above the canopys but as you can see from my attached pics I'm getting these awfull necrotic spots and decaying areas on the foliage @ the veins up on this plant only.. The other plants are hydro or younger age. The new growth is just not moving on and seems to shrivel and dry up before it can grow, there are pods developing slowly at the moment aswell, so does anyone have an idea of what my problem/s could be? I flushed it with a weak fert solution of filtered water a month back but still doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

Thanks for reading, I'm sure someone here will notice what it might be and give me a heads up.

IMG_1385.JPG
1386.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG
6.JPG

7.JPG
8.JPG

9.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 86
I doubt that's all nutrient.

Are you top watering? 

If so, shut off the lights afterwards until they dry out. That looks exactly like magnifying glass burns caused by droplets of water collected in leaves, under intense lights.

Whenever I water, the lights go off for at least an hour to let the droplets on the leaves evaporate, before I turn the lights back on.

If I don't, I get burn spots like that wherever water droplets sit, acts like a magnifying glass and focuses light to burn the leaves.

@Major Pain, Hmmm yeah maybe your right, I'm thinking it may be something to do with my watering & feeding, I'm watering a little about twice a week as of last month when I gave her a soil flush, till the pot becomes a 3rd of the weight, but I must admit I've been using the chilli focus since bringing her in every 2nd week @ 1/2 srength, then the next week just water, then 3/4 strengh, I'll take that info into account. Funny enough the edema was the first thing to appear and it was heavy, that's when the leaves on one side started wilting, like half of one side of a full leaf would wilt go almost silvery dark green then eventually dry and go paper like, while the other side looked normal, eventually that stopped and the lesions and spots appeared along the spine of the leaves starting at the stem end, I thought it was down to water not evaporating from the pots and leaves due to poor air circulation. So thats why I improved air circulation, maybe the damage is already done now. Will cut back feed and and just use filter water and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it :)

@TrentL, Thanks for reply man. I've never experienced this in all the years I've grown and every day is a day of learning of course, I've used charts like that one that Major Pain posted, that's the first thing i revert back to.

I water from top of pot and bottom alternating, probably not the best way to do it in my indoor grow but it's never been a problem in the past, also I don't spray anything on the leaves in light, only a epsom salt spray every 2nd week when lights are out.

So not sure really if that could be it, but I'll keep open minded as I'm no saint and probably have sprayed the leaves while the lights were on in the past @ some point, but my LED cobs are not overly powerfull and are over 25" away from canopy...I'm very conservative

with the power untill the sun outsides warm and bright enough to carry on for me :)

Doesn't look like fertilizer burn to me. "Fert Burn" is root death (by dessication).

That usually looks like a decay that works it's way from the outside of the leaf, inward, and there will be shedding of brown leaves.

This just looks like some overwatering to me.  Less water, more fan.

@solid7, thanks for your input, so far seems water related then probably?

Will take on all of the advice and cut back watering and keep an eye on her. Forgot to mention that the plants canopy is about 22" wide and plant stem is about a meter high, and that it's in a small pot only about 4 litre, do you think this could also be the problem?

Should I pull her up and repot her now or cut back water & wait till weather warms up in a few weeks and put her back in the garden with mother nature?

Thanks all for your advice ;)

Back