• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Can anyone identify this?

These little basterds are everywhere! I think it's what's eating me up and they fly just FYI.

Lubbock_20120519_00650.jpg

I'd say you have a whitefly infestation but that looks BIGGER than a whitefly. I've no idea what that is. Whereabouts are you geographically?

Thats a midge broseph, harmless and.....kinda cute:) Thats an adult, and adult midges don't feed or bite....animals or plants. They are attracted to water though, as that's where they go though their infantile stages, ever keep a fish tank? Bloodworms are the larval stage of a midge and super tasty for fish. All in all, no worries with this "lil bugger"!

Thats a midge broseph, harmless and.....kinda cute:) Thats an adult, and adult midges don't feed or bite....animals or plants. They are attracted to water though, as that's where they go though their infantile stages, ever keep a fish tank? Bloodworms are the larval stage of a midge and super tasty for fish. All in all, no worries with this "lil bugger"!

So I google'd "midge broseph" and couldn't find anything LOL ok ok I got it now. Doing research on this now lol thanks!! I just don't get it my peppers are being eat up. Not to a point where they are unhealthy but a leaf or so every week. There are TONS of these things flying around I just figured that this is what was eating me up.

So I google'd "midge broseph" and couldn't find anything LOL ok ok I got it now. Doing research on this now lol thanks!! I just don't get it my peppers are being eat up. Not to a point where they are unhealthy but a leaf or so every week. There are TONS of these things flying around I just figured that this is what was eating me up.

YES, you should name your next pet....midge broseph :)

Back