• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning Can I feed my babies now with Clonex

Hi guys,

Should I start feeding my Zimbabwe Bird at this stage? here are the pics of the plant and fertilizer i planned to use. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated

Zimbabwe Bird
24dog45.jpg

Clonex 1-0.4-1, I bought it from my local Hydroponic store, they recommended to me.
2lk9t0p.jpg

Please let me know when to feed and how to dilute the fertilizer properly so I won't burn my babies.
Thanks all.

I would try giving it a couple of doses of half strength. I use fish emulsion and seasol power feed when they are about that big.

+ 1 Yeah, defiantly not full strength on that little fella.

Also, if your using a store brought potting mix that has added slow release fertilizers, I'd suggest you hold off a couple of weeks :)

What soil are they in? I never add any nutes until they've been transplanted to cups for at least two weeks. Light will make them grow faster than nutes.

Be careful with seedlings, I'd wait until you have at least 2 sets of true leaves, dilute 1/4 strength and use sparingly, I use that amongst other similar "clonex" products when I clone, this liguid also helps the foliage with water retention, so the leaves don't wimp-out.....good luck with your grow

It's the first time I see someone use it as a fertilizer... what nutrients does it contain and at what ratio/percentage?

Oh, not that strong at all. kinda shocking at that price. well I think the 10ml/liter might just work, but start with 5ml/liter just to be sure.

I always laugh when i go into a store and find products like this. They are charging you for about 99% water! :lol:

What soil are they in? I never add any nutes until they've been transplanted to cups for at least two weeks. Light will make them grow faster than nutes.

Oh thanks for asking that, they're in BRO MIX BX, I usually add more #2 perlite but seedling I decided not to
I didn't give them any direct sunlight, I put them under a white canopy in shape with air temp around high 70'
, low 80 daytime, nighttime I bring them all in

I always laugh when i go into a store and find products like this. They are charging you for about 99% water! :lol:

Yeah man, trust me I wasn't too happy about the prices, but I'm so freaking clueless about fertilizer feeding

Well drinking water is expensive... :P
To bad you can't drink it, lol.

Hahaha...I hope they used distilled water

Oh yeah, I decided to use 1/4 strength and spray directly to root. Everything is looking good so far.

Thanks all

Pro-Mix BX has starter nutrients - they'll be fine in that for a while. Let them get a little bigger in cups before you add anything.

Back