• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

can i get advice

hi guys

can i get any advice if my mini setup is ok..im new to growing hot peppers and this are my first batches, i put a automatic watering system to them because im gonna be gone for 4days and nobody will be in the house also,

and for my soil im using some miracle grow potting mix, perlite and some cinders, i really dont know what to use, i just use what i usually use for my culinary herbs
and my peppers is thai hot, kung pao, tabasco, sweet banana, red Caribbean, super chili and couple ghost pepper, the two ghost pepper has different leafs.

thnx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They look good! A suggestion is to spray them once a week with water and worm juice, Liquid seaweed works great as well! I dont use MG but I believe it feeds up to 90 days so after that you will need to feed them

thank you for the advice.. one more thing can hot peppers tolerate the heat of the sun?cus i live here in hawaii and its gettin hot around 12 noon

thank you for the advice.. one more thing can hot peppers tolerate the heat of the sun?cus i live here in hawaii and its gettin hot around 12 noon

Ya! They like it hot! I just wouldnt leave them baking in the sun if it's 105 degrees out! Avoid giving them to much sun! as well as leaving them out if it's really hot! Your plants being the size they are need 8-12 hrs of good light ,no more and no less

I live in Hawaii also and my pepper plants sometimes wither if it's out in the sun too long.....I have a hard time growing these Bhuts also because they require so much attention....I have three Bhuts right now about 2 foot high and when ti started fruiting all the leaves started to fall...the fruits stayed on and got ripe, but I ended up with 20% of it's original leaves. ...They're starting to look better now since I've been fertilizing more frequently...

Back